3DR Solo App Released

Reaction score
Released yesterday to the Apple App Store:

3DR Solo by 3D Robotics
https://appsto.re/us/Z2Jq7.i

Sure wish we had those flight modes in OUR app...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433557814.851856.jpg

The only thing I want from that thing is it's flight modes. Fisheye camera with restricted view (legs in the way), no independent gimbal operator capability (ok it's called "solo" so I guess that's par for the course), small platform etc. No thanks.

But those flight modes.....

Maybe this is their Phantom targeted drone and they'll come out with a "Duo" to compete with the Inspire next with a 4K MFT camera mount, raised landing gear, two operator gimbal AND all the flight mode goodies.

Hey, maybe they'll even BEAT DJI to market with their Inspire targeted "Duo" drone and make those flight modes available on a decent 2-operator platform before DJI gets them to Inspire owners!

I have no doubt there will soon be 3rd party apps for the P3 which offer these flight modes - and if other companies don't jump to it, DJI will.

Released yesterday to the Apple App Store:

3DR Solo by 3D Robotics
https://appsto.re/us/Z2Jq7.i

Sure wish we had those flight modes in OUR app...

View attachment 21176

The only thing I want from that thing is it's flight modes. Fisheye camera with restricted view (legs in the way), no independent gimbal operator capability (ok it's called "solo" so I guess that's par for the course), small platform etc. No thanks.

But those flight modes.....

Maybe this is their Phantom targeted drone and they'll come out with a "Duo" to compete with the Inspire next with a 4K MFT camera mount, raised landing gear, two operator gimbal AND all the flight mode goodies.

Hey, maybe they'll even BEAT DJI to market with their Inspire targeted "Duo" drone and make those flight modes available on a decent 2-operator platform before DJI gets them to Inspire owners!

Open source firmware! Larger than a Phantom with a 1lb payload! Expansion bay that allows for plug and play of future 3DR and 3rd party modules! Ability to carry other cameras with 3rd party gimbals! Linux computers in both the Solo and the radio! Flight data logged in "black box!" 30 day Satisfaction Guarantee - return for any reason! If at any time the flight data log shows the loss was due to firmware, 3DR will replace the Solo, gimbal, AND camera!
And those flight modes! Not really meant to compete with the Phantom line up, but rumor is the new DJI Matrice is trying to compete with 3DR.

Reactions: damoncooper

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31