3D Robotics cuts jobs, refocuses on corporate market

clackey

Administrator
Staff Member
Reaction score
“DJI is doing great, it’s because they are moving so fast, it’s forcing the others to adapt,” 3DR co-founder and Chief Executive Chris Anderson told MarketWatch, referring to the biggest consumer drone maker. “Some companies are adapting by leaving, and others are adapting by moving upstream to the enterprise, which was always our plan. And is it just accelerating right now.”

Full story - Drone-maker 3D Robotics cuts jobs, refocuses on corporate market

That's really interesting. I'm so glad I didn't invest in that ecosystem. It's too bad but I thought they were doomed from the start. As soon as GoPro was rumored to be getting into the aerial business there was no need for 3DR.

I don't see anything of interest about the Solo that sets it apart other than maybe being able to swap out the camera with a better one as it comes along. I knew all those fancy smart shots would come to DJI since those are software updates. DJI to me is a closed system (like Apple) that works really well. 3DR is more like a Win PC where you may have some additional options for messing around... but in this case the Win PC costs more than the Mac where it should be the other way around.

And yet it was just announced some companies split off from the sUAV Coalition to concentrate on the consumer market.

"Four drone companies left the Small UAV Coalition on Thursday. They are China-based DJI, French-based Parrot, San Mateo, Calif.-based GoPro and Berkeley, Calif.-based 3DR." As reported by USA Today.

To me, there's a bigger underlying story...... it's just another indication of how far the US has lost ground. There was a time when technology like this would have been completely dominated by USA ingenuity. I'm worried that China is where technology and innovation will originate going forward. Including on the military fronts soon.

Makes me downright sad....and concerned...as anyone in the USA SHOULD be.

I'm worried that China is where technology and innovation will originate going forward. Including on the military fronts soon.

Makes me downright sad....and concerned...as anyone in the USA SHOULD be.
Why feeling sad? So as long as USA is at the forefront of military, then everyone in USA should be happy. But if other countries are in front of USA in military, then you all should feel sad? o_O

Bullying? Haha.
Intimidation? Yer damned right it is.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Why feeling sad? So as long as USA is at the forefront of military, then everyone in USA should be happy. But if other countries are in front of USA in military, then you all should feel sad? o_O

Exactly. Austrailias military could NEVER protect much. Russia or China could crush Austrailias military in a few hours. Only the USA has the resources to stand up to either one. If Austrailia falls, the USA can still stand. If the USA falls, Austrailia falls.

But, Canada would fall in minutes so that is a plus for Australia.

That said, take heart, at the rate the US military is being dismantled, in a few decades the USA military won't be able to stand up to a strong wind.

The bottom line is human rights. Although not perfect, I think the USA has a FAR better record on human rights than China or Russia. So do we want China dominating the world?

But hey, what the HECK does any of this have to do with US Robotics cutting jobs?

How-to-Get-Back-on-Track-300x300.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: mdowney58

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik