3d printing local library

Reaction score
I just spoke to the liberry's media lady and she's going to print the antenna booster files I dl'd from thingiverse.com

she estimates $30 for the 2 files. it'll be a top piece, bottom piece and the parabolic piece. I'll have to glue the 3 pieces together, then add refective tape. I'll post up progress and final unit.

yes, but I simply want to test the waters locally. I may want to design/print something in the future.
it's only $30. and it supports a local library.

I just spoke to the liberry's media lady and she's going to print the antenna booster files I dl'd from thingiverse.com

she estimates $30 for the 2 files. it'll be a top piece, bottom piece and the parabolic piece. I'll have to glue the 3 pieces together, then add refective tape. I'll post up progress and final unit.

You are getting robbed. It's printed as one piece, not 3, and costs about 10 cents in plastic. My library printed it for free.

Attachments

• 1443151404969.jpg
    1443151404969.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 289
  • 1443151424162.jpg
    1443151424162.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 269
yes, but I simply want to test the waters locally. I may want to design/print something in the future.
it's only $30. and it supports a local library
monker thumbup.gif

Reactions: LuvMyTJ
Reactions: dirkclod
Yeah but in the OP's case is she supporting the library or are they extorting money from her? $30 for that ? :confused:
Don't know but I'm all for supporting our library's instead of using their money .
tongue_smiley3.gif

Seriously though here where I'm at our library doesn't even have one it's so small but bet the high school here does .
Will have to look into that . Might need something one day..ya never know .
Hey...I could Call them and ask :)

I am all for supporting the local library and other local businesses, especially being a small business owner. It seems that particular library is over charging for that type of stuff in my opinion. I have looked into buying one myself but they are evolving faster than our Phantoms! :eek:

Didn't know that was for a P3. I have a P2. Oh well....
Yeah, thats why it had 2 sides. There is a similar design for the single antenna on your P2.

Yeah, thats why it had 2 sides. There is a similar design for the single antenna on your P2.
Remember when we were making them out of drink cans not so long ago :)

it's the Mountain Brook library. one of the fanciest cities in the US. they didn't get rich by giving stuff away....

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik