3D Printed Prop Removal Tool

Reaction score
I initially deleted this post because I didn't like the thought of "advertising," but I decided to reopen it as some people may actually need a new removal tool and may not be able to easily find one elsewhere.

You can purchase this on eBay here: DJI Phantom 3 Prop Removal Tool (4K, Advanced, Professional, Standard) or you can print one out yourself by downloading the .stl from Thingiverse found here: DJI Phantom 3 Prop Removal Tool (4k, Advanced, Pro, Standard) by ccbd

While the screen names are different here and on Thingiverse and eBay, these are all my accounts and this is my design and work (not that it's overly complicated, just stating that I am not a third-party trying to pass off somebody else's design as my own).

Feel free to PM if you would rather go directly through PayPal and I'll send you my PayPal info.

Anyway, thanks for looking and please feel free to let me know if you find this useful.

Last edited:
I am currently offering these in PLA in white, grey, black, red, and yellow. Please see images below for the actual colors of these filaments.

Attachments

• IMG_0793.JPG
    IMG_0793.JPG
    783.5 KB · Views: 350
  • IMG_0805.JPG
    IMG_0805.JPG
    4.2 MB · Views: 402
  • IMG_0806.JPG
    IMG_0806.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 350
When mine breaks and I need a new one, I will order it from you. I am convinced that "breaking" the props loose with your hands, and the torque I see it put on the frame, is what causes the shell cracks.
JMO

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Digdat0
I am convinced that "breaking" the props loose with your hands, and the torque I see it put on the frame, is what causes the shell cracks.

Bit confused on this, I've been using the tool to hold the motor stationary and turning the props off by hand. Are you saying hold the prop steady and turn the motor? I'm not really seeing how either of these methods, with or without the tool, are going to exert different stress on the motor mounts.

I hold the motor and twist the prop. Mine are quite tight sometimes and when I used my hand to hold the motor (without tool) it torqued the frame a bit when the prop would break loose. This does not happen when I use the tool.

I hold the motor and twist the prop. Mine are quite tight sometimes and when I used my hand to hold the motor (without tool) it torqued the frame a bit when the prop would break loose. This does not happen when I use the tool.

ok I see what you were saying. Yeah I'd tend to agree with that statement, good reminder to take the time grabbing the tool instead of just grabbing the motor.

i remember when i had a fc40 (i now have the p4) i got a wrench in the package that held the motor in place so i could take of the self tightening props

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31