3D Printed Phantom Accessories

Reaction score
Hi all

Just thought Id pass on some great 3D printed accessories being made for the DJI Phantom range

Below are a few renders and photos. They are made using some of the best 3D printing processes around, not made using domestic 3D printers which can sometimes produce a rough, brittle, low heat resistant product.

Made to order using Shapeways and shipped direct to the customer, shipping is very reasonable as you can see.

http://www.fusionimaging.com.au

14893562947_8b4b710f4f_z.jpg

14893315299_8d54049781_c.jpg[

14893315299_8d54049781_c.jpg

15076990471_748d352bf5_c.jpg

15079650112_bd5f66f755_o.jpg

14893435068_140e8bc545_o.jpg

15080012145_bbe9e391d9_o.jpg

15077000811_b81a68a5ba_c.jpg

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkezX43MxSs[/youtube]

http://www.fusionimaging.com.au

Hi there, i'm interested in the lens hood for the vision+ but live in the UK. I see the postage will be $9.50 but excluding vat and taxes. Can you tell me how much the total postage cost would be to ship to the UK?
thanks

UKFlyer said:
Hi there, i'm interested in the lens hood for the vision+ but live in the UK. I see the postage will be $9.50 but excluding vat and taxes. Can you tell me how much the total postage cost would be to ship to the UK?
thanks

Hi,

Ive attached a screenshot of the final price in GBP for shipping to the UK. I myself am located in Australia so Im not familiar with how vat and taxes work but from the screenshot it does not appear that these costs are being charged.

Shipping from what I understand is a capped price so regardless of how many items you purchase, the shipping price remains the same. Hope this helps.

15077793751_4f71c60c51_b.jpg

walexx said:
UKFlyer said:
thanks

Hi,

Ive attached a screenshot of the final price in GBP for shipping to the UK. I myself am located in Australia so Im not familiar with how vat and taxes work but from the screenshot it does not appear that these costs are being charged.

Shipping from what I understand is a capped price so regardless of how many items you purchase, the shipping price remains the same. Hope this helps.

15077793751_4f71c60c51_b.jpg

Thankyou, i will be placing an order later today for the lens hood and a 7th channel lever. :D

A shake test on the iPad Mini Mount we did yesterday [youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5ngDYnQ5DM[/youtube]

As you can see, it grips well.

By any chance can you guys design a quick release clip for the H3-3D? I've been waiting for this dude on Shapeways and he never updated his design. Apparently the H2-3D design doesn't work on the H3-3D model as much due to the sensitive gimbal I think.

Looks like this for H2-3D.

625x465_1644897_2495909_1407959337.jpg

UrAwFuL said:
By any chance can you guys design a quick release clip for the H3-3D? I've been waiting for this dude on Shapeways and he never updated his design. Apparently the H2-3D design doesn't work on the H3-3D model as much due to the sensitive gimbal I think.

Looks like this for H2-3D.

625x465_1644897_2495909_1407959337.jpg

Funny you should mention that. We have just completed designing one for the H2-3D GoPro and are in the process of doing the same for the H3-3D.

We are also doing a new transport lock for the Phantom P2V+ as the one supplied is a bit fiddly to use.

Weve also designed a GoPro lens hood but are just waiting for the prototype to arrive to make sure all the measurements were correct before we unleash it. Check out our facebook page for updates on these and some other cool stuff well be releasing soon.

Hey everyone, Shapeways who manufacture the Fusion Imaging Click-On Prop Guard Connectors are introducing a new pricing structure on 7Oct.

What this means is that we will no longer be able to sell bulk versions of our Click-On's which we introduced as a way to bring down the price and make them more affordable and accessible for everyone.

From 7Oct we will only be selling V2 2pcs and 4pcs Click-On's as the bulk versions will be way too expensive to offer.

For those wanting to take advantage of current pricing you only have a few days, so get in quick and dont miss out !. https://www.shapeways.com/model/2276704 ... antom.html

625x465_2276704_6717957_1411695992.jpg

Any chance of making a longer mount for the full-size iPad gens?

battman2036 said:
Does the quick release work with the Tarot gimbal? Also, why does no one make a complete detachable prop guard rather than just the quick release mount? Would that affect the strength? Just a thought.
Someone does. . . And he is a member of this very forum. They look pretty sweet, but as I recall they are exorbitantly expensive. . .

For more information, check out this topic: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=16335

battman2036 said:
Does the quick release work with the Tarot gimbal? Also, why does no one make a complete detachable prop guard rather than just the quick release mount? Would that affect the strength? Just a thought.

Fusion Imaging has designed one but it costs too much to make. It would be somewhere like $40 for 2. Not sure if people would want to pay that ?, and trust me, thats with bare bone mark up, its very close to the cost of getting it made.

Id be interested though if people would buy it ?, it could be a consideration but we didnt want to release it thinking it was too expansive.

job2310 said:
MapMaker53 said:
Any chance of making a longer mount for the full-size iPad gens?

They already do one for the iPad Air. Any of the other full size iPads I would think would be to heavy to hold comfortably.

http://www.shapeways.com/model/2615711/ ... terialId=6

The iPad Air Mount has been pretty popular, thanks for the plug Job2310. There is also an iPad AIr Mount. Its been off sale after we decided to make a small modification to it to make it even stronger. It should be back on sale in the next few days once we get our prototype and confirm the change has been successful.

14893315299_8d54049781_c.jpg

Yeah, the reason noone has made one that is part of the prop guards is it 3x the 3d printing, thus the price.

Also, the only guy who has done it sells them on shapeways for $40 a piece (You need 4) which is just crazy.

Just released the Fusion Imaging's newly updated (Version 2) and much improved Phantom Vision 2 + Lens hood. Its been re-designed to fit the DJI Phantom Vision 2 + (plus) camera lens housing even better and more secure. Weighing in at just under a gram the lens hood is the perfect accessory to stop the sun's glare from ruining that perfect filming opportunity.

Great value too as you get 2 lens hoods instead of 1.

https://www.shapeways.com/model/2747697/2pcs-dji-phantom-vision-2-plus-lens-hood.html

625x465_2747697_6943193_1412807990.jpg

walexx said:
battman2036 said:

Fusion Imaging has designed one but it costs too much to make. It would be somewhere like $40 for 2. Not sure if people would want to pay that ?, and trust me, thats with bare bone mark up, its very close to the cost of getting it made.

Id be interested though if people would buy it ?, it could be a consideration but we didnt want to release it thinking it was too expansive.

I see your point there. The only solution I can see is having it molded. Unfortunately I'm sure that would also be expensive and not cost effective in the short term. Ultimately I think a complete single piece clip on would be popular. At $15-20 set of four for the prop guards and another $25 - 35 for the clip ons currently available. I can see a ton of complaints at a price points higher than $40-55 for the set. I'm guessing they'd be lighter for being a solid piece.

battman2036 said:
walexx said:
battman2036 said:

I see your point there. The only solution I can see is having it molded. Unfortunately I'm sure that would also be expensive and not cost effective in the short term. Ultimately I think a complete single piece clip on would be popular. At $15-20 set of four for the prop guards and another $25 - 35 for the clip ons currently available. I can see a ton of complaints at a price points higher than $40-55 for the set. I'm guessing they'd be lighter for being a solid piece.

In a perfect world we would love to make them at those prices, they would fly off the shelves so to speak. Pricing is out of our control to a certain degree. You have to be very savvy in the way you design things and find ways to work within the limits but its not always easy. As we develop our skills and find new techniques we will continue to investigate this but at the moment we dont have an answer. Thanks for your interest though, its great to know what people want as it helps us know what to design.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31