3d printable files for P4

if
Okay. Let's be frank :)

Second, my models are very precise and will most likely only print correctly with my specific printer and slicer. I don't have time to help people learn how to print them correctly on their specific setups

that's what printer calibration is for ;) hence why the thingiverse works so well to share models (not just on makerbot printers) ! again thanks for the idea to craft the .STL files.

For some good karma i bought an envelope of stamps, a spool of filament and im going to send out a handful of these to members on this site for free and no shipping and handling charge !

if anyone wants one just PM me and ill send them off when i get the chance. keep in mind this is not my business and just done for good karma and to pay back the phantompilots community that has helped me so much over the years.

Reactions: Tyler 1234
Hey guys. I have been on the edge of buying a 3D printer for quite a bit. I am glad I waited as the technologies are coming down in price and getting better.

I am a professional 3D modeler with my modeler of choice being Maxon Cinema 4D which is actually an Adobe company now. I also can do what's called rigging (placing moving parts together inside of the the model while having the proper physics react) so I can help design a piece with multiple parts that are put together. if anyone would like to (for free) use my modeling skills so I can calibrate, (I am offering what would be very expensive service for free because I want to learn the process), let me know.

PM me. Please only strong intermediate printers need apply as I want to learn from not with. Sorry if that sounds rude. If it is designed by me, I will share all rights to the model 50/50 with whomever. Let me know.

I've done autocad style modeling for some real estate companies back in the starving days and recently have done some CAD models for nuclear power plant piping (forgot what it's called) but I wold imagine that's all that is needed is untextured models that will then be converted to whatever.

Let's discuss. I am quite adept at learning things I know nothing about pretty quickly so if there is a process that is a little tricky (which I doubt there is) of converting models to printable files, I could probably learn how to do it in a sitting.

i'm kinda a big deal i have many leather bound books that smell of mahogany.

Reactions: Nurseo
you're funny

I've been 3d printing for years, if you have questions or need something printed just hit me up.
HAHA! That was awesome. Love it.

Back at you on the help. Thanks for that generous offer. For sure, and if you want some models built, I would love to help out. Just PM and I'll give you my number. In fact, I'll just give it to you. If you're like "****, I would love to print whatever" but don't have the model, I can model it.

For example, you know those 3D logos that they show at the beginning of a football game. Like multiple levels of chrome and shiny. I work for a company called HOPsports and I do work with BrandAmp and do a lot of turning logos into 3D logos for TV and those would be very cool to print and put together. For example, something like this

NFL_3d_Logo.jpg

That is simply an extruded version of their logo. It's super simple to make. If I can start with a vector image, I would break the vectors down in Illustrator or maybe PS and then I would send those paths to C4D, extrude them and make all the bevels and extrusions and then they would be ready to convert to print.

I mean, I am not saying let's make NFL Logo key chains, but I am just saying that the process of modeling can be a little easier than you think.

If anyone goes to this site Brands of the World™ | Download vector logos and logotypes I could make a 3D model out of the vector image that they provide in a matter of an hour or less and make it look real good.

Like how about a DJI 3d extruded logo that one could tie to their gimbal lock as a reminder? I could make that in no time.

Maybe I'll figure it out and send it to you and see what happens. Whoever is down, I'm in.

Thanks for the laugh.

EDITL *** Brands of the world have several vector images for DJI which I am little surprised about frankly. If they are there, they are in the public domain and we could do anything we want with them.

DJI Phantom | Brands of the World™ | Download vector logos and logotypes

Even though this, to the uninitiated just looks like a simple logo, its whats called a vector image which means its mathematically never ending for size. To help better understand, a picture or jpeg is what we call "rasterized". It's an image and nothing more. This is a vector image and what that means is I could blow it up to the size of a building if I wanted and make it a muriel and I could also bring it into Adobe Illustrator and it would have these paths (outlines) that C4D converts to a path that it understands.

Then I add what's called an "extrude nurb" one at a time and extrude it however I want and then it becomes a 3D movable object that could be used for anything in 3D.

This is why when you get a logo, make sure you get the vector of it or you are dealing with a low rent person.

I sort of made the process sound a drop easier than it is but with those DJI vectors, I am already brainstorming a couple of cool ideas.

Hell, even something as simple as a keychain would be something people would want. Like Mike said, not gonna make any money on it because it's gonna take forever to print and how much can you sell a plastic keychain? But you can use it for other purposes. PM sent.

One vector DJI image I found with a short look. When I get back home, I'll take the logo below and make it 3D to show you what I mean.

dji_phantom_logo.png

Last edited:
Reactions: thunderbird
Why not make the DJI logo and show us when done?

Did you read my post?

If you did, you would have read this line at the end "One vector DJI image I found with a short look. When I get back home, I'll take the logo below and make it 3D to show you what I mean.".

Good idea

Do you mean...

Here is some money go to the movies when ur done
We won't wait up

Argue? Yes read the last line of your complimentary post dude you shoot everything u said by being arsey

if anyone wants one just PM me and ill send them off when i get the chance. keep in mind this is not my business and just done for good karma and to pay back the phantompilots community that has helped me so much over the years.
PM sent

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I'll print up a batch tonight and shoot them out when I can make it to the post office, how many batteries do you have? I'll put some battery terminal covers in as well

I'll print up a batch tonight and shoot them out when I can make it to the post office, how many batteries do you have? I'll put some battery terminal covers in as well

I have 2 batteries

Good idea

Do you mean...

Here is some money go to the movies when ur done
We won't wait up

Argue? Yes read the last line of your complimentary post dude you shoot everything u said by being arsey
I'm confused. Is that at me??

When I'm home I'll do it. I'll make a DJI 3D logo tonight.

HAHA! That was awesome. Love it.

Back at you on the help. Thanks for that generous offer. For sure, and if you want some models built, I would love to help out. Just PM and I'll give you my number. In fact, I'll just give it to you. If you're like "****, I would love to print whatever" but don't have the model, I can model it.

For example, you know those 3D logos that they show at the beginning of a football game. Like multiple levels of chrome and shiny. I work for a company called HOPsports and I do work with BrandAmp and do a lot of turning logos into 3D logos for TV and those would be very cool to print and put together. For example, something like this

NFL_3d_Logo.jpg

That is simply an extruded version of their logo. It's super simple to make. If I can start with a vector image, I would break the vectors down in Illustrator or maybe PS and then I would send those paths to C4D, extrude them and make all the bevels and extrusions and then they would be ready to convert to print.

I mean, I am not saying let's make NFL Logo key chains, but I am just saying that the process of modeling can be a little easier than you think.

If anyone goes to this site Brands of the World™ | Download vector logos and logotypes I could make a 3D model out of the vector image that they provide in a matter of an hour or less and make it look real good.

Like how about a DJI 3d extruded logo that one could tie to their gimbal lock as a reminder? I could make that in no time.

Maybe I'll figure it out and send it to you and see what happens. Whoever is down, I'm in.

Thanks for the laugh.

EDITL *** Brands of the world have several vector images for DJI which I am little surprised about frankly. If they are there, they are in the public domain and we could do anything we want with them.

DJI Phantom | Brands of the World™ | Download vector logos and logotypes

Even though this, to the uninitiated just looks like a simple logo, its whats called a vector image which means its mathematically never ending for size. To help better understand, a picture or jpeg is what we call "rasterized". It's an image and nothing more. This is a vector image and what that means is I could blow it up to the size of a building if I wanted and make it a muriel and I could also bring it into Adobe Illustrator and it would have these paths (outlines) that C4D converts to a path that it understands.

Then I add what's called an "extrude nurb" one at a time and extrude it however I want and then it becomes a 3D movable object that could be used for anything in 3D.

This is why when you get a logo, make sure you get the vector of it or you are dealing with a low rent person.

I sort of made the process sound a drop easier than it is but with those DJI vectors, I am already brainstorming a couple of cool ideas.

Hell, even something as simple as a keychain would be something people would want. Like Mike said, not gonna make any money on it because it's gonna take forever to print and how much can you sell a plastic keychain? But you can use it for other purposes. PM sent.

One vector DJI image I found with a short look. When I get back home, I'll take the logo below and make it 3D to show you what I mean.

dji_phantom_logo.png
Ok, I think I'll take this logo, and I'm gonna make a 3D model of it now.

I haven't done that in a while but I will take some screen shots of how I'm doing it along the way.

This is the general process.

It's a vector image so I'm gonna bring it into Illustrator, I'm gonna export the paths to C4D (sometimes that can be tricky because the 3D programs don't like paths that cross like the circle around the Phantom part, so I'll move that over and then have to piece it back together inside of C4D and then I will add an extrude nurb, and then I will add some lights and ambiend lighting and textures to make it look glossy or something. I will see as I go.

Be back in a while with a 3d model of this 2d image. Again, I can do this because it's a vector image. You can create paths with large 2d images but its a trick and a lot more work an it has to be super high res and you outline them manually and "export to .ai path" if you need to do it that way.

This sounds a lot more difficult than it is. If you were sitting next to me, I could teach it to you in a year or two. ;)

Hey guys. I have been on the edge of buying a 3D printer for quite a bit. I am glad I waited as the technologies are coming down in price and getting better.

I am a professional 3D modeler with my modeler of choice being Maxon Cinema 4D which is actually an Adobe company now. I also can do what's called rigging (placing moving parts together inside of the the model while having the proper physics react) so I can help design a piece with multiple parts that are put together. if anyone would like to (for free) use my modeling skills so I can calibrate, (I am offering what would be very expensive service for free because I want to learn the process), let me know.

PM me. Please only strong intermediate printers need apply as I want to learn from not with. Sorry if that sounds rude. If it is designed by me, I will share all rights to the model 50/50 with whomever. Let me know.

I've done autocad style modeling for some real estate companies back in the starving days and recently have done some CAD models for nuclear power plant piping (forgot what it's called) but I wold imagine that's all that is needed is untextured models that will then be converted to whatever.

Let's discuss. I am quite adept at learning things I know nothing about pretty quickly so if there is a process that is a little tricky (which I doubt there is) of converting models to printable files, I could probably learn how to do it in a sitting.

i'm kinda a big deal i have many leather bound books that smell of mahogany.
Didn't you say in your video slamming that internet dude that you were a professional film camera guy or some kind of movie maker?

How many professions do you have?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Reactions: Myetkt
Ok guys, I'm done with the DJI logo extrusion and it looks perfect actually.

Right now it's actually at the part where you could then export it for the process that would make it a printable file (meaning the splines have been extruded and the size and form factor has been defined) but since it's in 3D, I'm going to play around with it and show you guys the process. I have been taking screen shots the whole way so anyone that wants to learn this can at least get an idea of how it's done.

I'm going to demystify the process. This is the kind of thing where you can make 100s if not 1000s of dollars in an hour because the final product always wows clients even though its a relatively simple process. This one was actually even easier than most because of the simplicity of the logo, HOWEVER, a simple logo is always the best one. A good logo should be easily replicateable, visually appealing and memorable. So again, essentially that fast, in like 15-20 mins I have a very good 3D model of that logo, but I'm gonna upload all the screenshots and show it all at once in a little bit. Might as well make a little tutorial out of it.

Didn't you say in your video slamming that internet dude that you were a professional film camera guy or some kind of movie maker?

How many professions do you have?

I said I was a VFX artist, a director, a VFX Supervisor, concert event promoter, occasional DP, Producer. Yes, I wear many hats and 3D is part of the VFX world. I am sitting here making you guys a tutorial on how to do something and there is always a wise-cracking fool around here. Yes, I live in Hollywood and am a professional film maker. Is this a problem for you?

We can't all go to the Police Academy and learn how to get the bad guys, right cat? Especially in the South Central Arcadia.

Reactions: Nurseo
Nope, just think you're full of crap

Well here is the thing. I am, and you thinking that makes me feel quite content that I have a career that is so sweet that you think I'm lying about it. I am friggen sitting here creating a tutorial that I am about to post that is so simple for me that you wont even understand when I show you how to do it. Ok, I'm done talking to the goofiness, I am going to go back to the 3D modeling that I said I would do. Argue with yourself. I am all of those things. It's pretty well documented ya know. Lord, show them the way for they cannot see their owns fat bellies.

You want to know another secret that will just blow your mind, my wife is a senior VP at Nickelodeon. My aunt is the former president of Red Hour Films (Ben Stiller's production company), she was also the former President of Production at Universal, she was the also at Comedy Central for 7 years as the Executive in Charge of Production and was responsibe for getting South Park to Comedy Central, hired Jon Stewart to replace Kilborn or whoever it was, and became senior VP of comedy at Twentieth Century Fox and was the executive who green lit Borat and Dodgeball which is how she began her career with Ben Stiller which lead her to Red Hour Films. My brother Mitch is the musical director for Chris Brown and Usher. My other brother is the senior council for Fortress Hedge Fund in NY, and is worth millions. My brother in law own Nuts.com and I made the commercial that plays on Sirius radio where I rap about nuts. Yes, I rap about nuts.

Do you think I just made all that up?

I could tell you so much more but since you are a middle american non-doer type who instead of being a part of a cool thing, mocks it, your life will continue to be mundane and free of anything cooler than your Phantom 4.

Unreal people around here.

Now let me get back to this very easy thing that you wont ever be able to do because you don't believe people can do things. lol.

The real fact is I feel my job is just a job and I don't find the glamour in it anymore. The parties are cool and I occasionally meet a celebrity that I'll stat fug but people like you remind me how cool my life is so thank you.

Last edited:
Well here is the thing. I am, and you thinking that makes me feel quite content that I have a career that is so sweet that you think I'm lying about it. I am friggen sitting here creating a tutorial that I am about to post that is so simple for me that you wont even understand when I show you how to do it. Ok, I'm done talking to the goofiness, I am going to go back to the 3D modeling that I said I would do. Argue with yourself. I am all of those things. It's pretty well documented ya know. Lord, show them the way for they cannot see their owns fat bellies.

You want to know another secret that will just blow your mind, my wife is a senior VP at Nickelodeon. My aunt is the former president of Red Hour Films (Ben Stiller's production company), she was also the former President of Production at Universal, she was the also at Comedy Central for 7 years as the Executive in Charge of Production and was responsibe for getting South Park to Comedy Central, hired Jon Stewart to replace Kilborn or whoever it was, and became senior VP of comedy at Twentieth Century Fox and was the executive who green lit Borat and Dodgeball which is how she began her career with Ben Stiller which lead her to Red Hour Films. My brother Mitch is the musical director for Chris Brown and Usher. My other brother is the senior council for Fortress Hedge Fund in NY, and is worth millions. My brother in law own Nuts.com and I made the commercial that plays on Sirius radio where I rap about nuts. Yes, I rap about nuts.

Do you think I just made all that up?

I could tell you so much more but since you are a middle american non-doer type who instead of being a part of a cool thing, mocks it, your life will continue to be mundane and free of anything cooler than your Phantom 4.

Unreal people around here.

Now let me get back to this very easy thing that you wont ever be able to do because you don't believe people can do things. lol.

The real fact is I feel my job is just a job and I don't find the glamour in it anymore. The parties are cool and I occasionally meet a celebrity that I'll stat fug but people like you remind me how cool my life is so thank you.
Wow all that's way cool :)
monker thumbup.gif

Reactions: Myetkt

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav