3D Print Antenna Mount

Reaction score
Hello Pilots!

TL;DR: If someone has a 3D design for an antenna mount for P3S, please share as I'm sure it's much better than mine. Otherwise rate my antenna mount please.

I've been having fun reading through the posts on this forum, been learning a lot.

I wanted to do an antenna upgrade for my P3S. I live in the UK, and the 'official' options (ARGtek, DBS, Maxx, FPVLR etc..) are reasonably expensive (£80+). I could get a cheaper clone of the ARGtek, but from what I've been reading, it's a gamble on if it's going to be good, or the cables are too short, or some antennas/cables are duds.

Out of everything I've read, people seem to have the least bad things to say about the ALFA antennas. I can get the cables and ALFA antennas for around £35, which leaves 3 options:
1 - Drilling my controller. I would prefer to avoid making holes in something so expensive.
2 - Getting one of those ARGtek mounts. I can't find it anywhere separately. I've contacted them directly to see what they can do, awaiting reply, but I'm guessing it will cost me a min of £20-25. For that price I can get one of those cheap clones off ebay. I'll get 3 cheap antennas and cables with the mount.
3 - 3D print my own for £5-10 (3rd party would print, I wish I owned one)

Obviously 3D printing my own is the most attractive from a value for money standpoint, and the most fun. I have searched high and low for a model of the mount I can print to no avail, so I butchered together my own.
I would greatly appreciate feedback on the design so I can get this printed properly once, instead of getting useless plastic back. I will modify it as necessary, and if anyone wants I can share the design file if/once its viable and useful. Or better yet, if anyone has a design for one already I would appreciate it.

antenna mount side.jpg
antenna mount top.jpg

I'd like to see one that was slightly wider, so that all 3 Alfas could be ran straight up and down. Or offer both types so that people can choose.View attachment 78591

Yeah, I was a little concerned about that distance.
I left it as is (9cm) because the m25 is 9cm wide and the m04 is 6.6cm wide (according to Alfa website). 4.5+3.3= 8.8cm. I will increase it though.

Other than that, does it appear a viable design?

Looks good to me.

Appreciate your input.
This is why it's worth having a second pair of eyes. On closer inspection, that distance was 8.2cm, not the 9 I intended. Whoops. It's 9.5cm now. Fingers crossed I didn't fudge any other measurements lol. I'll get this printed and uploaded to thingiverse tomorrow in case it will be of use to anyone.

antenna mount longer side.jpg

Reactions: Matts175
I would be interested in something like that to.
I have the Argtek setup for my P3s. I contacted Argtek about just selling their antenna mount. They said they couldn't sell it disassembled, so I could use my own wires. But they said they would give me one for $30 shipping.
I need a 3d printer

Last edited:
Reactions: michael101
I would be interested in something like that to.
I have the Argtek setup for my Ps3. I contacted Argtek about just selling their antenna mount. They said they couldn't sell it disassembled, so I could use my own wires. But they said they would give me one for $30 shipping.
I need a 3d printer

So do I, but if I could afford one, I would have probably bought an inspire lol.
I found a lot of expensive options online, a few had like £40 min order cost, but then I found 3D Hubs: Browse online 3D printing services
They seem to have a lot of options for local printers. Price is highly variable on quality/material etc.
A quick look in Tennessee(where you live I assume?) the cheapest I got quoted $8 for the last design, free pickup or extra for shipping.

I found someone literally down the road from me who can print same day. No idea how this is going to turn out yet, but I have high hopes and my fingers crossed. If the design works out, I will freely share it, or tweak it till it does.

Reactions: Matts175
I have a 3D Printer! I'll print you guys stuff if you want! I print stuff for my P3S all the time

Reactions: Rohanm

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20