3d mapping apps and softwares for video games

what I was thinking for merging: thanks to the gps coordonnate if you upload all the shots into 1 project, shouldn't they (inside + outside) appear altogether? I guess however that it won't appear really well stiched

if you can the test for the 4 that would be really awesome

what I was thinking for merging: thanks to the gps coordonnate if you upload all the shots into 1 project, shouldn't they (inside + outside) appear altogether? I guess however that it won't appear really well stiched

if you can the test for the 4 that would be really awesome

I think the way that Google handles that is with layers. On one layer, you'd have the exterior, and then when you click on the building, it would load a different layer and you could browse/view the interior...

But if you were thinking of creating a building/map like in SkyRim, Fallout or Uncharted where you can look through an exterior window or door and see the interior - I think you're going to be out of luck without a LOT of manual work. (Emphasize "a LOT!!!")

The interior/exterior mapping would be more for real estate, not for games, you would need just to click on the door from the outside view to enter the house and vice versa, and then inside being able to move a bit with pre-path but looking more natural and less click by click like street view, more or less like an interactive museum or castle tour

The interior/exterior mapping would be more for real estate, not for games, you would need just to click on the door from the outside view to enter the house and vice versa, and then inside being able to move a bit with pre-path but looking more natural and less click by click like street view, more or less like an interactive museum or castle tour

Oh! Well that would be accomplished by using layers I believe.

When I sold my house, I used a program called Magic Plan to generate floor plans of my house simply put pointing the camera at the 4 corners of the room and any doorways. It was quick, easy and the output looked completely professional.

It would be cool if clicking on the front door, brought up a floor plan and then clicking on any room on the floor plan would bring up your interior model....

correct me if i'm wrong, I also have magic plan on ios and it's only for 2d floor plans not 3d right? the thing I was thinking of would be an inside tour of the house in 3d, so how that could be useful? and when you speak about layers, which programme do you use to generate those?

Magic plans creates the floor plans in 2D - but I remember there was a way to convert them to 3D.

perhaps, but that's doesn't answer my need here, i was talking about mapping and overlapping pictures in 360° for the inside shots ;)

i'm bumping a little bit the thread, any news for a software that can possibly merge inside and outside mapping in one 3D model please? thx

Last edited:
perhaps, but that's doesn't answer my need here, i was talking about mapping and overlapping pictures in 360° for the inside shots ;)

I've already said that I don't know of anything that meets your need. You switched from talking about games to talking about real estate in your previous reply and so I suggested Magic Plan as potential real estate purchasers would normally find a floor plan with accurate measurements a value add in their home search.

For your merged inside/outside model, I'd explore some of the CAD programs on the market. They could potentially have capabilities to import models from other sources. You may also consider writing to any developers/game companies that you've seen using the type of model you are after and ask them if they use any off-the-shelf design tools to help them achieve their end result or if they use strictly proprietary, in-house software.

Last edited:
no worries there were others people on the thread I was just asking to everybody ;) yeah i switched because I have a lot of projects/ideas and of course i'm curious and eager to learn some knowledge from different people.

Concerning the cad software, i'm gonna give a look at autocad & autodesk, and actually I haven't seen that before, i mean in terms of mapping, i took the inspiration from the boring video game in fpv when you are exploring houses ect

let's switch to another question: is it possible to get the live video feed with some data of the drone to integrate them into an app? i saw some sdk about onboard feature but not for the phantom 3

just a quick update guys to tell you that I found the sotfware I wanted for mixing aerial/street views and i'ts Acute 3d, on this video
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
arround the 3.29 mark you can see that it can do it, so thanks for all of your answers guys, I think I can close the thread if nobody thinks he/she can add more knowlegde, a last word or info anyone?

without forgetting to mention Altizure, which seems really good as well, but yeah that's totally my question as well, I guess the best thing to do is to make a test with a lots of sets including oblical and side shot of a structure or a neighborhood for instance, and then comparing the output between what seems to be the main 4 i've heard the most

btw does anybody know if I can merge the inside shots (overlapping pictures taken by the drone in my hand at the same pattern) with the outsides ones?
I've been testing all 4 for a couple of months now.... "Altizure" seems to be my Best choice, but I still cannot decide, they all have their strengths and weakneses... I Just Can't pic One???

I've been testing all 4 for a couple of months now.... "Altizure" seems to be my Best choice, but I still cannot decide, they all have their strengths and weakneses... I Just Can't pic One???

Yeah from what I've seen so far altizure seems great but the lack of street view is its main weakness (for my usage of course) while contextcapture center can do it, and not sure for agrisoft so i'm gonna look arround

Actually i've misunderstood the different software from acute (now bentley owned) acute 3d viewer is a simple viewer, so I dl their new contextcapture center, the real 3d software and it seems really complete, not tried yet, but tomorrow I definitely will

I've also dl agrisoft and i'm using now trying a small 3d model of my coffee table, i'm gonna see how it looks, it's rendering currently

Yeah from what I've seen so far altizure seems great but the lack of street view is its main weakness (for my usage of course) while contextcapture center can do it, and not sure for agrisoft so i'm gonna look arround

Actually i've misunderstood the different software from acute (now bentley owned) acute 3d viewer is a simple viewer, so I dl their new contextcapture center, the real 3d software and it seems really complete, not tried yet, but tomorrow I definitely will

I've also dl agrisoft and i'm using now trying a small 3d model of my coffee table, i'm gonna see how it looks, it's rendering currently

Acute...??? I forgot about that one.... Yes, the street view is lacking... Agisoft sometimes takes several days for me to complete a model (I don't have a CPU Powerhouse), and the results, although awsomes, is many times too large for me to post to Sketchfab; the speed of Altizures server is terrific... :)

yeah, i mentionned this one just before you start replying that's why ;) I don't have a powerful pc either, bu agisoft does the job nicely, of course high details will take forever to render that's a pity...

but concerning altizure, after login in they told me to do a verification process, to send them files or what i've done before etc, any way to bypass it?

actually since the last time I bumped the thread I tried to see if game creator/editor wouldn't be better, and I can say that totally worths it!!! I dl Unity 3d and d a m n, that's IMPRESSIVE, you can do a full video game, a 3d model for architecture, and of course import or model yourself your 3d model, or even better, import some 3d model and then being able to edit it (shapes, textures, layers, animations, cameras ect...) that's extremely complete, you can either developp and make projects for pc, mac linux, consoles (yeah you read that well,xbox one and ps4 can be possible!) and mobile/tablets!! and it's FREE! you have upgrades for more features but honestly my ideas just went exponential with this software!! just to tell you how powerful it is, tomb raider and assassins creed ios/android game were made with unity!

you mentionned sketchfab, it's possible to make your models on it and then to import them into unity ;) with that being said, I think I fulfilled my needs, but again thx Tenly to take your time to help out

That sounds really amazing and makes me want to check it out. I have a 3D model i created with dronedeploy of about 35 cottages on an island. Could I use this as an input to the software you discovered?
http://drdp.ly/A9JP8b

i have a little knowledge about the sotfware yet, i'm learning each hours using it haha but i know that as long as the 3d model is in fbx format you can import it in litterally 2sec ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.