3D LUT PRESETS FOR DJI LOG

Is it possible to use these in Final Cut Pro X? I'm using LUT Utility but it doesn't seem to like .3dl files :(

You can build LUTS in DaVinci Resolve. I did with some test footage from a commercial shoot.

Just purchased for FCPX. Thanks for responding to the demand!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, for those of you who's not sure which version you want (.3dl or .cube) please contact me thru my website and I'll send you 2 testpresets so you can make sure it will work for you! Fly safe!

Thanks also for the kind feedback! Appreciate it!

/Jonas

Hi, for those of you who's not sure which version you want (.3dl or .cube) please contact me thru my website and I'll send you 2 testpresets so you can make sure it will work for you! Fly safe!

Thanks also for the kind feedback! Appreciate it!

/Jonas
Thanks Jonas, I will.

Hey dynamic range thanks! what apps can I use these presets with? Also will it work with the normal color setting?

What version would I buy for davinci resolve. .3dl or .cube

Resolve will work with .cube. Please watch this video:

Hey dynamic range thanks! what apps can I use these presets with? Also will it work with the normal color setting?

Hi, I would advise to shoot in LOG video when using the presets. They are made using LOG video as a starting point. But you can download free ones on my website to try! :)

Reactions: kevrollie
What's a SIMPLE video editing app I can use these with?

I want to cut and style my videos with as little clicks as possible

So I'm still relatively green with video editing but buying the P3P has got me much deeper into it. I've seen several people preaching the benefits of LUTS. I've been doing all my color grading manually so far (at first just using PowerDirector and now playing with Resolve). Does using LUTS like these save a significant amount of time for the results they provide or do you still find yourselves tweaking the colors to get more control over the finished product?

I'm weighing the benefits of using a solution like this vs. continuing to toy with the colors myself. Will these produce a better product or just save time?

So I'm still relatively green with video editing but buying the P3P has got me much deeper into it. I've seen several people preaching the benefits of LUTS. I've been doing all my color grading manually so far (at first just using PowerDirector and now playing with Resolve). Does using LUTS like these save a significant amount of time for the results they provide or do you still find yourselves tweaking the colors to get more control over the finished product?

I'm weighing the benefits of using a solution like this vs. continuing to toy with the colors myself. Will these produce a better product or just save time?

Depends on your use. If you have a decent library of LUTS (they are just presets that you can make and save), you may be able to cycle through and have that be all the work you do.

If you are doing professional work, or if you are picky, you will use LUTS to get you close to a look you like, then tweak from there. Since the conditions you shoot in are rarely identical, tweaking is needed if you are picky.

If you are just looking to share some video with friends or on a video blog, LUTS are likely enough to apply and go in many cases.

So to directly answer your questions, they should save time. If you are good at color correction, I doubt they will make it better, but they may. More of a good start in my book.

Reactions: davemex
Depends on your use. If you have a decent library of LUTS (they are just presets that you can make and save), you may be able to cycle through and have that be all the work you do.

If you are doing professional work, or if you are picky, you will use LUTS to get you close to a look you like, then tweak from there. Since the conditions you shoot in are rarely identical, tweaking is needed if you are picky.

If you are just looking to share some video with friends or on a video blog, LUTS are likely enough to apply and go in many cases.

So to directly answer your questions, they should save time. If you are good at color correction, I doubt they will make it better, but they may. More of a good start in my book.

Great. Thank you! Sounds like it's mostly about time saving.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik