37 cent landing gear extensions at Home Depot

Reaction score
Since I had a bad crash this weekend and broke my 3D printed landing gear extensions, I'm looking for a new and easy way I can lengthen my landing gear for my Arris CM3000 3-axis gimbal.

These clamps are 37 cents each at Home Depot and the four weigh in at 39 grams. They're very solid, more so than the 3D printed clip-on feet I bought on ebay.
IMG_2735-604x270.jpg

I'm not sure if the metal in these will mess with the compass though. Thoughts?

My compass is broken from the crash and I'm waiting for a new one.

I wouldnt use those....first is weight...second is they are metal.....third , they can spin leading to a tip over and prop strike...fourth, they're ugly

Hook the Phantom up with the software and wave one over the compass.

Monte55 said:
I wouldnt use those....first is weight...second is they are metal.....third , they can spin leading to a tip over and prop strike...fourth, they're ugly

They don't spin. They are very solid actually. They square up with the gear well and clamp on quite tightly. The weight difference between my 3D printed gear and these is a total of 16 grams.

I don't care if they are ugly.

I think they're purdy.

I have a set of 15-20 clamps in various sizes in my tool box....except they're made of very strong plastic. The only metal is the spring inside. Not sure of the weight. (In case you're looking for less metal in the clamps).
I think I got them at WalMart or some other big box store.

The best landing gear extensions are your hands and arms. Just catch the Phantom. I've done it a hundred times without incident.

tubino said:
The best landing gear extensions are your hands and arms. Just catch the Phantom. I've done it a hundred times without incident.

Not a bad argument. You can save the weight and the potential aerodynamic drawbacks which that added stuff might introduce.

tubino said:

That's a very bad idea. You're bound to hurt yourself regardless of your track record!! I care for you--stop that now!!!! ;-)

kydan said:
tubino said:

That's a very bad idea. You're bound to hurt yourself regardless of your track record!! I care for you--stop that now!!!! ;-)
Well......maybe, anything is possible. I like to land so it shows up in the video. Kind of like finalizes the flight. If the wind picks up, and it has a time or two, I will hand land mine also. You just have to do it correctly.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj