$34.99 Phantom 3 Backpack Hardshell Case

Here's a pic of the belt/chest strap on mine.

image1.JPG

Yea. I almost fell over when I saw that it was the real deal.

Here's a pic of the belt/chest strap on mine.

View attachment 53159

Thats called a "sternum" strap. I have the knock off. Paid about 40.00 for it shipped and it came from China in 3 1/2 weeks. Really long wait , but great pack! I promptly loaded it with all my gear and then placed the straps on my arms and then just sluffed the pack off onto the ground to test it from about a 4 foot height.

Absolutely no damage!

Reactions: Numone
I really wish there was a microcenter around me. I really hate bestbuy. Nice score for those of you with one close by.

I really wish there was a microcenter around me. I really hate bestbuy. Nice score for those of you with one close by.

If you like, I would be willing to pick one up and ship it to you at your cost, no markup on my part cuz I am a nice guy. :) No idea what shipping would be...the cases are light but bulky and would need to be boxed otherwise might look rough by the time it arrived.

Probably should have picked up an extra when I got mine, just in case, but I am not a fan of resellers. Not sure if the Columbus store still has any in stock, but can check if you are interested.

Reactions: Rypper1
If you like, I would be willing to pick one up and ship it to you at your cost, no markup on my part cuz I am a nice guy. :) No idea what shipping would be...the cases are light but bulky and would need to be boxed otherwise might look rough by the time it arrived.

Probably should have picked up an extra when I got mine, just in case, but I am not a fan of resellers. Not sure if the Columbus store still has any in stock, but can check if you are interested.
Thank you, that is a very generous offer. But I am sure the shipping would kill it. Probably cost more to ship than the case cost.

Would still be less than half the RRP?
Oh, it would definitely be well less than retail on it. I am just a bit out right now. Trying to get into the hobby and purchases are adding up quick right now. Haven't even received my P3A yet.

Oh, it would definitely be well less than retail on it. I am just a bit out right now. Trying to get into the hobby and purchases are adding up quick right now. Haven't even received my P3A yet.
Understood, Rypper1, but trust me. Once you have the P3A, you'll be standing in your kitchen/living room/den/garage/study and you'll be scratching your head and thinking "Wow this is great.......errrmmm, so how the hell do I carry all this to the take off point?"

For $60 (maybe less - it only weighs 1.5kgs) for a brand-new OEM backpack, I really urge you to try find the cash. Or get the non-OE backpack at $30?

Understood, Rypper1, but trust me. Once you have the P3A, you'll be standing in your kitchen/living room/den/garage/study and you'll be scratching your head and thinking "Wow this is great.......errrmmm, so how the hell do I carry all this to the take off point?"

For $60 (maybe less - it only weighs 1.5kgs) for a brand-new OEM backpack, I really urge you to try find the cash. Or get the non-OE backpack at $30?
I totally agree. Cash isn't the problem, it's the way the wife looks at me every time I order something else. LoL!
That being said, I do plan to order one of the Non-OE units. I think i would rather a soft side backpack so that is what I am looking for now.

I got one of these a few weeks ago its an updated version with larger cut outs for the P4 batteries... this one seems its for P3?

Just got my $35 banggood case in the mail. I can post back with a more thorough review with photos later. Initial thoughts: it seems pretty well made and I feel comfortable putting my Phantom in it. The hard plastic seems a bit on the thin side (I hope the official DJI one is thicker, as I probably wouldn't pay $150 for this), but should be more than sufficient for day to day use. Plus I guess the foam inserts are what really offer protection, and they seem solid. Overall, pretty happy with it for the price.

Just got my $35 banggood case in the mail. I can post back with a more thorough review with photos later. Initial thoughts: it seems pretty well made and I feel comfortable putting my Phantom in it. The hard plastic seems a bit on the thin side (I hope the official DJI one is thicker, as I probably wouldn't pay $150 for this), but should be more than sufficient for day to day use. Plus I guess the foam inserts are what really offer protection, and they seem solid. Overall, pretty happy with it for the price.
The DJI one is thicker and feels much sturdier, also a better looking foam, but similar non the less. Quality wise, similar built but materials of different quality. I have both, but i do think $150 for the OEM still abit to steep.

Sorry for bad english, not my native tongue.

I totally agree. Cash isn't the problem, it's the way the wife looks at me every time I order something else. LoL!
That being said, I do plan to order one of the Non-OE units. I think i would rather a soft side backpack so that is what I am looking for now.
Ohhhh, right! Yeah, I know that look!! LOL!

The DJI one is thicker and feels much sturdier, also a better looking foam, but similar non the less. Quality wise, similar built but materials of different quality. I have both, but i do think $150 for the OEM still abit to steep.

Sorry for bad english, not my native tongue.
Your English is great, don't apologize. And that's good info to know. I'm actually glad to hear the DJI one is better. I still probably wouldn't pay $150 for one. My knock off will do just fine for my purposes.

I just picked up the microcenter one for 30...I can confirm the fact it is the dji real deal, also, they have the professional model for 700 and the advanced for either 600 or 500

Reactions: Reed L
I ended up biding on/winning one of these:
Backpack Carrying Case For DJI Phantom 3 Models - Standard Advanced Professional
s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600b.jpg

Cost me about $42 shipped. Looks better quality than the $30-$40 soft sided china backpacks. This one is stateside too. The guy must have bought a bunch of them because he's listing one per day, they are going for just under $30+$15 shiping, and they are personalized to his company.

I'll report back with a review next week.

Still very happy with my $35 Banggood case. I can't compare it to the official DJI version, but the overall quality, fit, and finish are quite good. Like I had said, the plastic outer shell seems a little thin, but it should be more than sufficient for most people, myself included. And the foam inserts seem to do their job well - the cutouts are precise and my Phantom fits snuggly. And the foam is high quality, certainly not styrofoam as someone had posted. The straps and backing should be comfortable for long term use as well, no worries there.

As far as storage goes, while it's a bit tight, it's certainly possible to fit everything that originally came in your Phantom's box (extra props, charger, etc.), plus several extra batteries. If you want to add more accessories, such as a tablet, you'll have to get creative/start making modifications.

One quirk: the plastic shell was shrink wrapped in very tight plastic for some reason when I got it. It was peeling slightly when I pulled the case out of the box for the first time, and initially I thought it was just a crappy finish on the plastic that was already wearing through. However, once I peeled it all off, everything looked great underneath. Shiny and flawless.

Overall, I'm very pleased for around $40 shipped. I feel my Phantom is well protected and the backpack is much more convenient and handy than the big aluminum case I had been using (which came free with my quad). The only downside is that you can't stow the bird with the props on, but the same goes for any case like this.

Attachments

• 1463025464332.jpg
    1463025464332.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 313
  • 1463025488729.jpg
    1463025488729.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 260
  • 1463025512583.jpg
    1463025512583.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 255
  • 1463025534859.jpg
    1463025534859.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 246
  • 1463025560107.jpg
    1463025560107.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 284
  • 1463025580423.jpg
    1463025580423.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 240
Still very happy with my $35 Banggood case. I can't compare it to the official DJI version, but the overall quality, fit, and finish are quite good. Like I had said, the plastic outer shell seems a little thin, but it should be more than sufficient for most people, myself included. And the foam inserts seem to do their job well - the cutouts are precise and my Phantom fits snuggly. And the foam is high quality, certainly not styrofoam as someone had posted. The straps and backing should be comfortable for long term use as well, no worries there.

As far as storage goes, while it's a bit tight, it's certainly possible to fit everything that originally came in your Phantom's box (extra props, charger, etc.), plus several extra batteries. If you want to add more accessories, such as a tablet, you'll have to get creative/start making modifications.

One quirk: the plastic shell was shrink wrapped in very tight plastic for some reason when I got it. It was peeling slightly when I pulled the case out of the box for the first time, and initially I thought it was just a crappy finish on the plastic that was already wearing through. However, once I peeled it all off, everything looked great underneath. Shiny and flawless.

Overall, I'm very pleased for around $40 shipped. I feel my Phantom is well protected and the backpack is much more convenient and handy than the big aluminum case I had been using (which came free with my quad). The only downside is that you can't stow the bird with the props on, but the same goes for any case like this.
Here's the link to my mod to hold an iPad / tablet and sunshade
Show off your Cases!!...

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj