Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

333 petition template?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GMayberry, Jan 15, 2016.

1. GMayberry

Does anyone have a copy of a petition that we can all use as a template? That way we could just change all the personal information to our own. The more I read about what it needs, the more confused I get...

2. msinger

Approved Vendor

There really isn't one template that'll fit every type of business. It would be best to find a few granted petitions for companies that are in the same type of business -- and, then use those as a template for your petition.

3. GMayberry

I have been through there, but those seem to be the approvals, not the actual petition the user submitted. I am interested in seeing what was originally submitted to get the approval.

4. msinger

Approved Vendor

You can find the submitted exemptions requests here.

5. GMayberry

THAT is exactly what I was looking for! Thank you! I don't have a pilot license yet (not that I ever will) but I would like to go ahead and get this 333 process started so it is done when the time comes that a license isn't required.

6. msinger

Approved Vendor

You won't need a 333 exemption then. That's the point of the NPRM.

GMayberry likes this.
  7. GMayberry

I was under the impression that the 333 is required regardless, and *currently, a license is required due to the fact that the license is the only documentation of required airspace safety training, but the NPRM was working on another way to be "certified" on the safety side, but the 333 would still be required. Am I missing the entire point? haha

As I said before, the more I read, the more confused I get

8. msinger

Approved Vendor

Since it's impossible to follow some of the existing rules when flying a UAV, people must submit a 333 exemption to become exempt from those rules. Once the NPRM has been released, most people will be able to follow the new rules without needing to request exemption from them.

9. GMayberry

Ok prepare yourself for a possibly ignorant question... If I get the 333 exemption, the PIC still needs to hold, at minimum, a sport pilot license right?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

10. msinger

Approved Vendor

The person flying needs to hold a minimum of a recreational or sport pilot license.

11. kphantom

When is the FAA ever going to finish the sUAS rules so operators can go into business?

GMayberry likes this.
  12. msinger

Approved Vendor

People are hoping the new rules will be out this year, but there really is no hard deadline.

13. irongate

This may help. This was my petition I submitted today. Once you type it up, you go to Regulations.gov and select the "comment" field on the upper right and attach (in PDF) you petition. Then you just wait a half a year or so....

Attached Files:

14. irongate

If you would like a copy of the word version I'd be happy to email it to you...

15. GMayberry

I submitted mine last week actually. Thank you though! I will upload mine to this thread as well, hopefully this will help someone else along the way.

Irongate, your's is very well laid out! Mine is entirely different than yours, but includes all the same info. It wil be good to have various formats on here.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

16. irongate

Thanks! Had a heck of a time finding a template as well. Hope yours is approved quickly.