333 petition template?

Reaction score
Does anyone have a copy of a petition that we can all use as a template? That way we could just change all the personal information to our own. The more I read about what it needs, the more confused I get...

There really isn't one template that'll fit every type of business. It would be best to find a few granted petitions for companies that are in the same type of business -- and, then use those as a template for your petition.

I have been through there, but those seem to be the approvals, not the actual petition the user submitted. I am interested in seeing what was originally submitted to get the approval.

You can find the submitted exemptions requests here.

You can find the submitted exemptions requests here.

THAT is exactly what I was looking for! Thank you! I don't have a pilot license yet (not that I ever will) but I would like to go ahead and get this 333 process started so it is done when the time comes that a license isn't required.

Reactions: GMayberry
You won't need a 333 exemption then. That's the point of the NPRM.

I was under the impression that the 333 is required regardless, and *currently, a license is required due to the fact that the license is the only documentation of required airspace safety training, but the NPRM was working on another way to be "certified" on the safety side, but the 333 would still be required. Am I missing the entire point? haha

As I said before, the more I read, the more confused I get

I was under the impression that the 333 is required regardless
Since it's impossible to follow some of the existing rules when flying a UAV, people must submit a 333 exemption to become exempt from those rules. Once the NPRM has been released, most people will be able to follow the new rules without needing to request exemption from them.

Ok prepare yourself for a possibly ignorant question... If I get the 333 exemption, the PIC still needs to hold, at minimum, a sport pilot license right?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

The person flying needs to hold a minimum of a recreational or sport pilot license.

Since it's impossible to follow some of the existing rules when flying a UAV, people must submit a 333 exemption to become exempt from those rules. Once the NPRM has been released, most people will be able to follow the new rules without needing to request exemption from them.
When is the FAA ever going to finish the sUAS rules so operators can go into business?

Reactions: GMayberry
People are hoping the new rules will be out this year, but there really is no hard deadline.

Does anyone have a copy of a petition that we can all use as a template? That way we could just change all the personal information to our own. The more I read about what it needs, the more confused I get...

This may help. This was my petition I submitted today. Once you type it up, you go to Regulations.gov and select the "comment" field on the upper right and attach (in PDF) you petition. Then you just wait a half a year or so....

Attachments

• STEVENMCDONALD_FAA333_EXEMPTION.pdf
    370.1 KB · Views: 389
I submitted mine last week actually. Thank you though! I will upload mine to this thread as well, hopefully this will help someone else along the way.

Irongate, your's is very well laid out! Mine is entirely different than yours, but includes all the same info. It wil be good to have various formats on here.

I submitted mine last week actually. Thank you though! I will upload mine to this thread as well, hopefully this will help someone else along the way.

Irongate, your's is very well laid out! Mine is entirely different than yours, but includes all the same info. It wil be good to have various formats on here.

Thanks! Had a heck of a time finding a template as well. Hope yours is approved quickly.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4