333 Exemption timeline question

Reaction score
A 333 Exemption Timeline. What was your experience?

I've done some serious googling around this forum for this question, so forgive me if this one has already been answered.

I applied for my exemption three days ago via the online site and got an email giving me a "Comment Tracking Number." Now, I realize it could be three months or longer before I get the final answer, but could anyone tell me how long it takes before the FAA updates my request's status? How long did it take for those that have been down this creek? And what happens after that?

Thanks,

Tony

It took about 4.5 months for me ~a year ago, but I think they are getting through them more quickly now. Got your pilot's license yet? If not, perhaps you can work in that in the meantime.

It took about 4.5 months for me ~a year ago, but I think they are getting through them more quickly now. Got your pilot's license yet? If not, perhaps you can work in that in the meantime.

Msinger:

Actually I do have a pilot's license. Now I've "just" got to learn how to fly–and videograph–my ordered but-not-yet delivered Phantom 3A. That'll more fun than learning how to operate a shovel.

Do you recall how long it took for the FAA to even recognize the fact that they had your application in their possession?

Thanks,

T

I don't recall. I can tell you their communication skills are poor though.

Reactions: Sagebrush
Your tracking number. It will tell you they received it but has not posted yet. I think they are now bypassing that step and just posting the granted exemptions so you can download the pdf and get to work. I do see that each week they are posting more and more granted exemptions. I do wish they would pick up the pace.

Look at the recently approved ones and view them. It will show the date when they submitted their request. That will give you an idea of how long it takes. Check it every so often til you see some approved close to the date you submitted yours. My first contact was from email before it showed up on the approval site.

I submitted mine in mid July and it got approved at the beginning of October.

Look at the recently approved ones and view them. It will show the date when they submitted their request. That will give you an idea of how long it takes. Check it every so often til you see some approved close to the date you submitted yours. My first contact was from email before it showed up on the approval site.

I submitted mine in mid July and it got approved at the beginning of October.

Turb:

Thanks for the reply.

I've looked at the dates on the recently approved ones, they sure bounce around. What I'm looking for is the time it took for the FAA to put the application back on the Regulations.gov site and whatever goes on between then and the time the decison letter is sent.

T

They received my application on Oct 19th and it was posted in the docket on Dec 17th.

I figure it will be another few months before I hear back from them...

They received my application on Oct 19th and it was posted in the docket on Dec 17th.

I figure it will be another few months before I hear back from them...

Big:

Thanks. That's the answer to my question. Perhaps they've made a New Year's resolution. Did they email you and tell you it was posted?

Tony

Reactions: Bigdz
Turb:

Thanks for the reply.

I've looked at the dates on the recently approved ones, they sure bounce around. What I'm looking for is the time it took for the FAA to put the application back on the Regulations.gov site and whatever goes on between then and the time the decison letter is sent.

T

It took awhile to show on the docket. It was a couple of weeks. They don't let you know when it shows on there. You have to check it periodically.

Big:

Thanks. That's the answer to my question. Perhaps they've made a New Year's resolution. Did they email you and tell you it was posted?

Tony
Just like @turbulence mentioned above, never received an email. I just kept searching on the docket and one day it was posted...

I submitted my 333 on 16 August. It was posted on the register for public comment on 4 November (0 comments). I'm still waiting for approval. A review of the latest approvals show that they were submitted between June and September. Hopefully I'll hear something soon.

Just like @turbulence mentioned above, never received an email. I just kept searching on the docket and one day it was posted...

I got a "Comment Tracking Number." It's 1k0-8n7h-ilhp. I was expecting something more like FAA-2015-XXX. Were you able to periodically search using the provided tracking number?

Tony

I got a "Comment Tracking Number." It's 1k0-8n7h-ilhp. I was expecting something more like FAA-2015-XXX. Were you able to periodically search using the provided tracking number?

Tony
You will get an FAA-2015-XXXX when it
post to the public docket.

Use your name or the tracking number to search for...

Submitted July 10th (got the tracking # that day)
Posted to Public Docket Nov 4th
Granted Dec 23rd (know this because it's on the paper)
Recvd Packet in mail Dec 30th

Mine is still showing "Pending" on the public docket. I checked this morning but it's granted and I have it in hand for anyone who requests to see it on the job site.

They are still posting new ones to the docket each day. To see them check out this link:
Regulations.gov

If you want to view ones that are "granted" select U.S. DOT/FAA - Decision

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20