333 Costs

It doesn't cost anything, just a lot of time documenting your UAS, specs, intentions, & paperwork to fill out for requesting an exemption. Sent mine in July 13th & received approval Dec 13th. It is confusing at first but after doing a lot of reading & watching youtube videos it all came together. The first link below contains letters for exemptions that have been approved, pages & pages. Some are quite lengthy, I went through quite a few and found the ones that suited my needs and copied a little from each & made it my own. Kept it short & sweet. I just want to do aerial real estate photography & videos so I searched letters containing that aspect of the business for proper wording etc... That's key here, proper wording & don't copy anyone's letter word for word or they will kick it back. I submitted mine July 13th & it wasn't even looked at until Oct 16th, that's how backed up they are. You submit everything on line through their portal & once you do you receive a Tracking Number so at anytime you can go in & see its status. The links below will give you an idea on how to proceed. Hope this helps-

Authorizations Granted Via Section 333 Exemptions

http://www.faa.gov/regulations_policies/rulemaking/petition/media/Send_Petition.pdf

Petition for Exemption or Rulemaking

http://aes.faa.gov/Petition/home.html

Unmanned Aircraft Systems

While the 333 exemption does not cost anything, you must pay a small fee to register your aircraft and obtain an N number.

While the 333 exemption does not cost anything, you must pay a small fee to register your aircraft and obtain an N number.
That's true, I had to fill out a form AC8050-1. This was before the on line registration went into effect. Now you get your number immediately. I filled out the form about 3 weeks ago & sent them my $5, they cashed the check now lets see how long it takes to get it in the mail. I can still fly though, it says on my pink copy that its good for 90 days showing proof that I submitted my registration. Right now they will refund you your $5 up till the 15th of January I believe it is.

Right now they will refund you your $5 up till the 15th of January I believe it is.
There is no refund when you register an aircraft using AC Form 8050-1. I believe you are referring to the new sUAS registration. And, that can only be used to register for hobby use. It's a little different too since you're register yourself -- and, not the actual aircraft. When flying commercially, you need to register each aircraft separately via AC Form 8050-1.

There is no refund when you register an aircraft using AC Form 8050-1. I believe you are referring to the new sUAS registration. And, that can only be used to register for hobby use. It's a little different too since you're register yourself -- and, not the actual aircraft. When flying commercially, you need to register each aircraft separately via AC Form 8050-1.
Thanks for letting me know that, glad I have another AC 8050-1. I did register my actual aircraft & need to register my 2nd. I didn't realize that registering as a hobbyist & registering for commercial use was different. I thought I was going to be able to use the same number for both birds, guess I stand corrected. Why do they have to make it so difficult?

Thanks for all the info guys I thought it was big dollars to get your 333...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1