33 devices and MARS mini TEST

Reaction score
I finally completed my life test of the Phantom 3 Pro the 33 devices manual trigger and the Mars Mini parachute. Overall I was happy I brought the quadcopter up to an altitude of 100 feet then I activated the trigger as designed the power shut off to the quadcopter and deployed the Mars mini parachute.
When the quadcopter was coming back to the ground I noticed that I was falling at a quicker rate than I expected. Upon further inspection I realized that two of the strings on the Mars mini parachute broke on deployment of the parachute.
12ab7eff91e242350cf95c6f92dca658.jpg
Luckily the quadcopter was not damaged.I have contacted Mars parachutes to ask them about the two broken strings on the parachute.
Personally I think it's absolutely ridiculous that they would charge $160 for a parachute and it would break on the first use.

Sent from my SM-G900P using PhantomPilots mobile app

And please PLEASE people when you film with a phone turn it sideways like a camera!!! Then you get full screen video. Why does everyone hold their phones wrong when they are taking pictures or video?
Not a go at you personally almost EVERYONE does this!

Reactions: HWCM and Sagebrush
And please PLEASE people when you film with a phone turn it sideways like a camera!!! Then you get full screen video. Why does everyone hold their phones wrong when they are taking pictures or video?

Probably because IT IS full screen video when they are recording on their phone ;)

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I finally completed my life test of the Phantom 3 Pro the 33 devices manual trigger and the Mars Mini parachute. Overall I was happy I brought the quadcopter up to an altitude of 100 feet then I activated the trigger as designed the power shut off to the quadcopter and deployed the Mars mini parachute.
When the quadcopter was coming back to the ground I noticed that I was falling at a quicker rate than I expected. Upon further inspection I realized that two of the strings on the Mars mini parachute broke on deployment of the parachute.
12ab7eff91e242350cf95c6f92dca658.jpg
Luckily the quadcopter was not damaged.I have contacted Mars parachutes to ask them about the two broken strings on the parachute.
Personally I think it's absolutely ridiculous that they would charge $160 for a parachute and it would break on the first use.

Did you take video of popping the chute and the descent by chance? Think ya lucked out on that one, they should replace for sure.

I wish I could "Like" this about a hundred times!

Reactions: HWCM and Wibble
So Mars replied to me with this message... I'm very pleased

Hi Nathan, this is not good we will send you a replacement unit right away please email us [email protected]. Send us the following address and what drone you were using and how many deployments you use this for so we can report this problem. I am so terribly sorry for this issue. We notice 1 out of 100 units have had this issue so we started reinforcing them with a second stitching.

Also what height did you fall from ? Please. Note your answers are not going to void your warranty. We are just trying to get all the correct data as it helps us understand the best.

Reactions: Wibble
Did you take video of popping the chute and the descent by chance? Think ya lucked out on that one, they should replace for sure.
Yeah I had video of that. I submitted it to MARS so they can use it for data. I was using a screen record for the whole event. It was at 100k. You could see the power cut then the beginning of the fall. Then the parachute deployed and floated for about a half second then a free fall from 40 feet or so. The Mars rep said I was lucky. even with a drag line disconnected the drag is about 20% more.

And it was in a grassy field that was about 6in tall.
With all those elements I didn't even break a prop

Yeah I had video of that. I submitted it to MARS so they can use it for data. I was using a screen record for the whole event. It was at 100k. You could see the power cut then the beginning of the fall. Then the parachute deployed and floated for about a half second then a free fall from 40 feet or so. The Mars rep said I was lucky. even with a drag line disconnected the drag is about 20% more.

And it was in a grassy field that was about 6in tall.
With all those elements I didn't even break a prop

The video man, post the video!

Still needs to be turned sideways.

You didn't get my point. People shoot "vertical" and when they are shooting they see a fullsceeen video(vertical). Nothing needs to be turned sideways unless you try to playback on a traditional screen. And I agree it's very annoying ;)

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic