32gb Mini SD card - any recommendations

Reaction score
Hello all, want to upgrade to a 32gb mini SD card, any recommendations out there??? I thought i read something that some brands don't work???

thanks...

John

Anyone know what the data rate is while recoding ion 720p? How many bytes per minute?
Not sure if I want to get a single 32GB card or 2x 16GB cards. How much space do I need to hold a full 20 minute flight?
If I can fit 30 minutes on a 16GB card I'll go that route and swap cards between flights

Edit: If the Vision and Vision+ cameras are the same, I found an answer on the internets. Looks like at least 50 minutes on the included 4GB card. Is that correct?
Just enough time for about two flights.

What about the transfer rate of the card, does it matter? There is 30 MB/s, 45 MB/s and all the way up to 95 MB/s. What is the PV2+ limit for writing data to the card? I don't want to buy a card with a higher transfer rate than needed.

I initially used a store brand 32GB card, from Microcenter. I always had good service from their cards, but on the Vision+ I would get frequently get a "card not found" or some such error. I would have to reboot the Phantom, and if I was lucky it would pick it up the second time around. I switched to a Sandisk (I believe Class 10) and haven't had that error since.

Here's some benchmark.

RAW Pictures is about 27MB. And it took about 2-3 secs of blackout when I used the sandisk extreme plus. If the data bus on the camera can only handle more speed, there wouldn't be any waiting time. :D

Attachments

• Lexar microSDHC 32GB 633x.png
    Lexar microSDHC 32GB 633x.png
    108.7 KB · Views: 322
  • Sandisk MicroSDHC 4GB Stock.png
    Sandisk MicroSDHC 4GB Stock.png
    117.2 KB · Views: 356
  • Sandisk microSDHC 32GB Extreme Plus.png
    Sandisk microSDHC 32GB Extreme Plus.png
    104.6 KB · Views: 370

Recent Posts

Members online