32 ND filter for Phantom 4?

Reaction score
Hi guys, i have 8 and 16ND filters does anyone knows where i can get 32ND also?
Thanks in advance

You can find some ND32 filters here.

Are you looking for a specific brand?

Reactions: Falcon900
I've ordered from Polar Pro's website direct. I needed a ND64 for the desert.

Interesting to note they use the USPS as delivery, and I got three notices too: First was "Your item has been shipped" with the tracking number. Second was "Your item is out for delivery today." And third was "Your item has been delivered." Pretty amazing, and I've noticed that USPS has been doing a lot better since they teamed up with Amazon's shipping verses UPS which seems to be the slowest of the lot now for cross-country shipments (i.e. UPS 5 day Ground, and USPS is 3 day.) as well as the most expensive too.

Fwiw, I also found their ND64 (6 stops) to be really neutral in white balance color too (I have a color temp meter.). Their ND16 and ND32 goes towards the blue: 1,000K on the ND32, and 800 K on the ND16. Oddly, their Polarizer ND16 is toward the red side a bit, maybe 500 K.

Good choice!

Here's a little chart I made up and carry to figure out which filter for the job. Just look at what your drone's shutter speed is at "Exp.= 0" in the camera settings and read the right side for that speed, and pick the filter off that line on the left. It's made to get you down into the 1/50 shutter speed range if you pick the 23-24 fps speed. I believe Polar Pro is using a higher speed to get down to 1/60 or 29-30 fps speed. The Kelvin of the filter is if you need it (ND32 for bluer skies if you manually set your WB to ~5,200 K.), but you'll probably color grade in post anyway so you might not bother with it.

Fwiw, the "Large push-on" ones listed are their older style filters I have of theirs that were on sale. The newer ones are smaller and lighter screw-ons - or so I believe?

Good luck!

Attachments

• Polar Pro Filter Specs.jpg
    Polar Pro Filter Specs.jpg
    387.8 KB · Views: 448
wich is the best one and better balance you know?
I compared a lot of brands in this thread and found they are mostly the same (assuming you're going to edit the video in post). The TACO-RC filter is a good choice if you want a filter that's the same weight as the OEM DJI UV filter. If that doesn't matter, then check out the Polar Pro and Freewell filters. Not all filter manufacturers make ND32 filters.

G Mack and all, thanks for the great info. I am thinking of ordering the Polar Pro Cinema Shutter series, which are ND16, 32 and 64. Plus if you order from them, and contact their rep here in the forums, he'll add the gimbal guard to the order that fits the camera with filter on.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4