32 Channel Mod: Questions.

Reaction score
1. If you lose signal under a custom channel (i.e. channel 6), do you lose both AC control and video, or just video alone?

2. If you lose signal using a custom channel, can you switch back to "auto" during flight?

3. In your experiences, how well do these "low noise" custom channels works in Wifi congested areas?

4. Will the Phantom RTH if you lose signal using a custom channel, or will it just hover until you regain video feed by switching to another channel?

Thanks!

Let me answer your questions to best of my experience:

1. There are two independent signals for videos and commands. Loss of one doesn't affect other. But in general, you will notice video signal loss first as you can see videos and realize quality is deteriorating.

2. We don't change the signal channel during flights, at least I don't do it as I'm not sure of smooth transition from one to another. And in reality, if signal is lost, one is in a little panicky state as thoughts come to mind of losing the craft.

3. If you have 2.4 GHz wifi channels around, you can see the noise on the DJI Go app itself and try to pick the better one. But wifi interference affects distance greatly. It means your flight limits will be reduced based on noise. There is no empirical formula to figure it out but you will notice it during flights.

4. Loss of signals for over 3 seconds will initiate actions based on your settings, i.e. It might return back home if GPS is healthy, hover or land. Check how RTH works.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: JohnnyB

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic