Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

32 Channel Mod Not Working With Shield K1

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by lil boss, Oct 8, 2016.

1. lil boss

Hi All, Happy Sunday To All

I cannot get the 32 mod file to work in my Shield K Tablet. I transferred the file OK, however, when firing up the Controller, Bird, and DJI Go app I still show only 20 channels. This is not my first attempt at this mod. I successfully modded an iPad, and a Galaxy S Tab. I used the downloaded file from a few months ago which I saved to my desktop. I even transferred the working mod file from my Galaxy to the Shield and it still does not work. The DJI Go app installed on the Shield is App 2.91, Version 1.960, Controller 1.60. I checked the date on the mod file in the Shield and it says 10/8/16. Not being a quitter I have messed with this last night and today. Tapping on Build Number in settings it says, "No need, you are already a developer". Under "Developers Options" in Settings I have "USB Debugging" turned on. I can't think of anything else. This is my 1st Nividia Shield so perhaps I am missing something. I need Help !!! Thanks In Advance

2. Oso

Oso

I don't use Android, but I have seen on this forum that a BIG percentage of Android users who had issues with the mod were putting the file in the wrong location. Try to double check that just to be sure. Here is a post with the location and other info.

JoBe and lil boss like this.
  3. lil boss

OK.. I'll double check.

4. Oso

Oso

Since you have already done this in the past, I didn't immediately mention it. Then I noticed that you said "Happy Sunday," so I thought you might possibly be outside of the US. Is your Shield language set to US (English or Spanish).

JoBe likes this.
  5. lil boss

No, I'm in USA, East Coast.... Oops... I got the incorrect day !!!! For some reason I thought today was Sunday...my bad... My excuse is, It's raining, and I did not go flying... didn't get my daily fix !!!

Back to subject at hand.... I did check the placement of the config file, and I did check the video. According to that video, I placed the file in the correct location. Since you said there was a BIG percentage of Android users who put the file in the wrong location, perhaps the video may be incorrect. I'll look for another video. Thanks again....

6. Oso

Oso

Sounds good. Also, the link in my first post leads to a post with the mod file and the correct location shown for Android. Maybe also look at that post as another check. Good luck sir.

JoBe and lil boss like this.
  7. lil boss

Wow.. I finally got it.... There were 2 links to the mod file in comments of the video.... The 1st link said, "Uncompressed File", the 2nd one, "Compressed File". I took that to mean the first was the file itself, the 2nd one was a zip file. Turns out the first one is also a zip (actually an RAR file) but was not compressed. So Thanks for your replies and hand holding. Only took a "Few" hours !!! :D

8. kirk2579

your most likely correct,
    my shield works with the 32 channel fine so far