32 Channel Hack

Hi all.
I'm from UK. I have applied the hack but cannot see option in DJI Go app to change from Auto to Custom. I've heard it is related to me being from UK and to change settings to USA? What settings? I cannot see any settings to change country in DJI Go app ? Thank you in advance for help.

Hi all.
I'm from UK. I have applied the hack but cannot see option in DJI Go app to change from Auto to Custom. I've heard it is related to me being from UK and to change settings to USA? What settings? I cannot see any settings to change country in DJI Go app ? Thank you in advance for help.

You need to have the Phantom, controller on, and device connected to see the option for auto to manual.

It won't show up if the RC and Phantom aren't on.

Just for the record, the mod is still working with IOS go app version 2.7.2 as of this post date. Happy flying all! :cool:

Just keep in mind that when you switch to custom channel instead of auto you force your drone to use this particular channel only and if this channel becomes busy during the course of your flight you drone will not use other channels that may becomes less busy.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hi all.
I think it's in the language settings? Make sure it's set to US English See if that helps!

Just keep in mind that when you switch to custom channel instead of auto you force your drone to use this particular channel only and if this channel becomes busy during the course of your flight you drone will not use other channels that may becomes less busy.

In which case you manually switch the channel which you can do mid flight, just like the auto does.

Just a heads up Ken Argo, the developer of DJI Ultimate Flight has stated the new SDK has removed the 32 channel hack. There will be an upcoming update that will remove it from the DJI Go app as well.

Just a heads up Ken Argo, the developer of DJI Ultimate Flight has stated the new SDK has removed the 32 channel hack. There will be an upcoming update that will remove it from the DJI Go app as well.
:O
Sucks but I was never really able to make use of the 32 channels.
It seems most of the time, the channel signals in my area just up and down so one second I see a long green bar, then the next second it disappears.

For real?!? That blows and my HAM radio license, I think, allows me to operate on the upper ranges. I think anyway. Damnit!

Yup for real, here is the msg he sent:

There has been much discussion about the number of channels available in the current version of the app and the beta. In the current version it is possible to access 32 channels using a hack while the beta only allows 8 channels.

The 8 channel limit is enforced in the new SDK now being included in the beta release, the prior version of the SDK did not enforce the 8 channels.

Following up with DJI they have informed me that the 8 channel restriction will be enforced going forward and the change from 32 channels to 8 channels is a regulatory restriction placed on them by certain agencies in certain countries (and not wanting to have separate SDK per country or have the SDK be location aware DJI chose the most restrictive implementation).

Those still using the 32 channel hack and using the GP app to change channels into the higher ranges can expect those to be blocked as contacts at DJI have told me future firmware will enforce the 8 channel restrictions and that the hack will stop working at some point in the future (no specifics).

Meddling fools at the EU no doubt, they're the reason we're now stuck with very low power wifi etc over here in the UK. But we have more wind turbines, red tape and 'tarrifs' added to imports (No wonder I paid so much more than the US)!

Actually, what is the current power output of the controller/drone here in the UK (I'm sure someone over here will have the gear to test and compare)? and is it 2.4 as well as 5 or?

Time to turn off automatic app updates on your iOS devices!

For real?!? That blows and my HAM radio license, I think, allows me to operate on the upper ranges. I think anyway. Damnit!
Yes, as secondary user (you have to be able to accept interference from the primary users). In this band you have satellite comms (which probably won't bother you) and industrial and medical machines - which may well stomp on your signal. That said, the 32 channel hack only helps if you're in an RF congested area and away from said primary sources.

Using the GO app it should be an easy task to see if there is a lot of noise on the 'other' channels (or the primary ones for that matter). The caveat being that the app is going to only sample the radio spectrum around the RC. The Phantom may see an entirely different spectrum up in the air.

Unless of course you switch it to auto mid-flight, which you can do.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik