32 CHANNEL HACK STILL WORKING?

It worked for me. But I have updated to the new iOS app yet.

It does.

ive had a look on the forum cant find a clear answer what is the 32 channel hack and can it be installed now, what is the purpose of it you seem like a well informed guy I see your post a lot of here!

The hack allows a wider band of transmission frequencies giving better range and performance.

Your device needs to have regional settings for USA to work.

ive had a look on the forum cant find a clear answer what is the 32 channel hack and can it be installed now, what is the purpose of it you seem like a well informed guy I see your post a lot of here!
RC communicates on a base frequency of ~2.5GHz over a selected band (channel) There are many equipments like WIFi, microwave, telephones they too work on the same frequency. We need a clear separation between RC operating band and the nearby signals band.

To achieve this, we can set a band for RC to work after looking at the frequency spectrum on Go app or let it select automatically. We have a hack to add more selectable bands. This is done by changing the configure file of DJI Go App.

I don't do a lot of long range myself. What's the best way to choose a good channel?
Neither do I, but I have been known to do the odd 2 miler which is long enough range as far as I'm concerned. As far as choosing a channel, if you've got the channel hack installed (if you havent, I'd just leave it on auto) select a channel above 20 that shows no traffic on it. I just leave mine on 26 (not strictly legal in UK though) as that one is always quiet.

I just applied the 32 channel. It will be interesting how well it works with upper channels.

What bit rate would be the best?

With auto selected does it change channel on the fly to the lowest interference or only choose once before flying?

With auto selected does it change channel on the fly to the lowest interference or only choose once before flying?
It checks once before flying. Check is only for RC and not for P3

I just applied the 32 channel. It will be interesting how well it works with upper channels.

What bit rate would be the best?
Bit rate does not depend on the channel, less interference higher the possibility of higher bit rate

Well, some of you guys are lucky. Mine doesn't.

I'm running 2.5.1 on Ipad Mini 2 with french language and switching the regional settings to USA did not help !Do you have to change the language settings as well ?
Somehow the file I decompress on iOs looks like a folder named 'DJI Config File. Wonder if this is correct then.

My RC is on 1.4.30

I'm running 2.5.1 on Ipad Mini 2 with french language and switching the regional settings to USA did not help !Do you have to change the language settings as well ?
Somehow the file I decompress on iOs looks like a folder named 'DJI Config File. Wonder if this is correct then.

My RC is on 1.4.30
Its not really a matter of luck. It works for all if they have done it correctly and have their device set for US.

Follow these steps:
More channels hack | Page 37 | DJI Phantom Forum

Go slowly and carefully follow the directions. You should be fine. Good luck.

Last edited:

My RC is on 1.4.30
With that setup Tono it should work perfectly. If you follow the instructions to the letter all should be well.

Thansk you very much Oso for pointing me in the right direction. It's working fine now.

For information, changing the regional settings from USA to France (as an example) did not alter the ability to see the 32 channels into the app, but since I don't have a frequency analyzer I cannot confirm that all channels where actually 'functionning'.

One more question though : are the 1 to 8 original channels still the same ? is the mod adding 9 to 32 only or is the full array of channels modified ?

If you change the regional setting to USA, and you are not actually in the USA, what happens? Does it affect anything in the app or otherwise?

Cheers.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl