#$%^!!@#$^&*() (****!)

Reaction score
Waited 2 week for delivery of a Tarot 2D gimbal. I still think my gimbal choice was a good decision, BUT! It arrived, I assembled it, had to un-pop the bird to fish out the AUX power cable, soldered connectors, powered up.....and NOTHING! OK, worked back, tried the power cord coming from the IC controller board directly to battery....NOTHING.

Internet search reveals this has happened to others.

All of which reminds me, and a reminder to everyone....TEST EACH PRODUCT AND STEP INDIVIDUALLY ASAP for basic vital signs, functionality rather than wait until final assembly is completed. Since this was an eBay purchase...but from the US rather than China...now I start negotiation with the seller. We'll see how that goes.

RANT: This is a new world, more like the wild, wild west....where products are sold without any manuals.....default to the internet and self-help group like this, without software discs with specific drivers....default to the internet, and even without a listed specific LINK to a download site (unless you can read Chinese...MAYBE....can't..dunno), and without ANY customer service.....default to the internet. And all based on incredibly variable and not infrequently shoddy Chinese manufacturing where this sort of thing is a cottage industry, oftentimes out of an individuals home. No wonder, as we were told on our trip to China last year, that the Chinese themselves will pay 2-3 times the price for a product manufactured for export to US major buyers....like iphone for Apple (products made in China for export...are only available IN China to the Chinese after an IMPORT tariff is applied!) because the US buyers demand rigid quality control and standards. That is, the Chinese themselves do not trust their own home-grown, manufactured products UNLESS they are made for export to companies that can/will demand quality control. This world is a niche product, small volume export market to a buzzilion little middle men does not fall in that category.

EYYYHAAAW!

It could have been worse. One guy used the aux. wire on his gimbal & it caught on fire due to the tiny wires not being able to handle the current.

mikrob,
Please let us be specific. I believe that was a Goodluckbuy (!) gimbal....not the Tarot..to my research. Correct me if I am wrong in that. And, from what I am reading, the Goodluckbuy has a HOST of problems...and may have been an internal short and not even a problem with a normal functioning GLB. My research revealed LOTS of people using the aux power line with the Tarot....with no reported problems. I would have been happy with a little electrical flicker in the LED. It is DOA. IF/when I have reason to pop the hood on the bird (a PIA) I will probably install a separate beefier line from the main battery connection. Doubt I will have to pop it open until I need to access the NAZA for the 7th channel gimbal tilt...which, given m curren non-functionin state and another wait for a new controller, might happen at the same time. But if I have a functioning Tarot before then, I will connect to the aux line and watch carefully.

There are supposed to be TWO aux power lines in the Phantom. Did not know that when I opened it up, took the first one I found which was partially imbedded in the rubber outlet gasket. Are they both the same wire size?? Anybody know?

I think it was directed at the Goodluckbuy gimbal rather than the Phantom.

The GLB gimbal is cheap. It's cheap for a reason. If you're happy to solder things and mess with firmwares off your own back then it's fine. If you want plug and play, suck up the cost and buy the Zenmuse.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub