+30 uneventful flights and now decided for a swim,

Reaction score
So are one of those +50 guys with many years from rc in different forms and also most of my working life done computer both soft and hardware, also a kind of perfectionist.

That is read these forums and others before my first flight and ever since and do preflight minuscule.

Today sunny 3-6m/s 22 Celsius perfect fly weather and was on second day of filming in Stockholm waterside and 3min in just 230m distance out over water I lost control but still had video so I let it start coming home and after a little while I saw it start tilt (camera) and short thereafter last image just above water before nothing.

Waited the battery time out (optimist :)) and left.

I know that with rc, electronics and software things do happen but I had hope for some more airtime for the cost than this before the first incident.

Have "invested" some in batteries, case and small stuff but right now it feels like I might go for another brand to see if it will give me some more airtime for the "invested cash". Typical now when I have all the legal paper stuff as well for it, it is "hard-coded" for a specific model.

-Tomas

Ouch, That is Brutal. With the Paperwork, there is the written and the on hands - The written part seems pretty much for all models, can you not just sit the test for your next purchase. I was looking at the test and wondered because I was thinking about a SJ1000 but paying circa e2000 everytime is a money making scandal.

On the crash Tomas - I feel for you buddy. It's almost as bad as loosing your dog. x

Thanks for the sympathy Snowdug.
A pan from the trouble free yesterday , it will be it's "obituary picture" ;)

-Tomas

Attachments

• ob.jpg
    ob.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 529
Thanks Wally,
First flight of the day with fresh battery, well over open water so I would say loss of GPS is not much of an option. (not had any such event/problem so far)
Was flying in ATTI (smother shots, almost nothing to watch out for over water), when the radio loss occur and when the RTH started flipped to GPS with the idea to take back control again when it was in suitable distance by flip back to ATTI.
The clear tilt on cam during RTH and the very quick disappear contradicts a auto-land due to loss of sat count IMO.

I have a rooted Nexus that have enough "hp" for live screen capture that works very well and I am using it sometimes, some extra "fiddling" before take-off and not so exciting to use/see video but now in this case it would really have made up for a great material for analysis. If I dare :) to get me another one I will have capture on always because in this case it might IMO been enough to maybe even get me some refund or a good rebate on a new one.

Well **** happen some times.

-Tomas

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic