3 PRO @ 1080P?

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've tried to get an answer and I just can't find it. Can you film in 1080P instead of 4K on the Pro? I think I'm gonna go pick one up tomorrow and just want to make sure I'm getting the best DJI for what I'd like. I don't think I'd have much difficulty with the 4k on my computer, but I also think the 3 Adv would certainly do what I'd like it to do.

Thanks.

Yes you can film in 1080p format.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

You get the best quality and best possibilities to cropping (fixing the tilted horizon, for example) by shooting 4K (preferably 16:9 3840 x 2160) and outputting HD. But you can also shoot HD with the P3P.

You get the best quality and best possibilities to cropping (fixing the tilted horizon, for example) by shooting 4K (preferably 16:9 3840 x 2160) and outputting HD. But you can also shoot HD with the P3P.
I am experiencing a problem with gimbal drift - the horizon is level in the viewer, then drifts down on left side of screen. The craft is hovering 80 +/- feet and I am not touching the controls. Your thoughts please.

Sent from my SM-N920R7 using PhantomPilots mobile app

I am experiencing a problem with gimbal drift - the horizon is level in the viewer, then drifts down on left side of screen

You can calibrate the IMU & gimbal with the AC feet or props level. But even if you very carefully do that, sometimes the horizon is 1-2 degrees tilted. There are numerous threads about this and I have tried all recommended voodoo.

...but it can be fixed in post. Or in addtion to that:

Get airborne, climb to a height that gives you a clean horizon to the preferred direction. Then manually change the gimbal roll in the DJI GO app > Gimbal Param Settings > Adjust Gimbal Roll lets you adjust the horizon in 0.2 degree increments. Or just press C2 & turn right thumbwheel.

Thanks guys for answering my question. I really appreciate it. Seems like the Pro would be the way to go even though I've been leaning towards the Advanced. I'd rather have the option to film in 4k but was kinda concerned about my Mac. But if I can film in 1080P, then that seems to make the most sense.

The way I look at it, computers will only get faster and TVs will only get better, but footage can be difficult to impossible to capture again, so even though I don't have a 4K set yet and my MacBook Air is pushing five years old at this point and can barely play 1080p anymore (I mostly edit on a 2010 Mac Pro) I shoot 90% o the time in 4K/24fps. Your future self will thank you. :p

The way I look at it, computers will only get faster and TVs will only get better, but footage can be difficult to impossible to capture again

Yes. I currently shoot 4K and output HD. But I archive the best original 4K (after trimming unnecessary footage off with MPEG Streamclip).

My editing and post-processing skills might also get better in the future.

Thanks guys. I went ahead and ordered the 3 Pro. I downloaded b4ufly last night and found out there's a little airport three miles away from my house. Looks closed to me. But I guess I'll be trying to make contact with them.

Another question, on the GO app, will I have an issue flying with the runway 3 miles away? We're talking a 500' grass strip. Will the software even let me fly? I'm assuming there is an option to select that I have permission.

Thanks guys. I went ahead and ordered the 3 Pro. I downloaded b4ufly last night and found out there's a little airport three miles away from my house. Looks closed to me. But I guess I'll be trying to make contact with them.

Another question, on the GO app, will I have an issue flying with the runway 3 miles away? We're talking a 500' grass strip. Will the software even let me fly? I'm assuming there is an option to select that I have permission.
The go app will only alert you but you can bypass the warning or if you use a different app you will be able to fly but legally you don't have the right to fly there without a special permission for sure so if you do it anyway it's on you.

Sent from my SM-G870W using PhantomPilots mobile app

The go app will only alert you but you can bypass the warning or if you use a different app you will be able to fly but legally you don't have the right to fly there without a special permission for sure so if you do it anyway it's on you.

Sent from my SM-G870W using PhantomPilots mobile app

Oh yeah. I'm definitely gonna go about it legal. I have an ATP and don't want to do anything illegal. I was just wondering about after I attempted to notify them.

Thanks for the replies.

The way I look at it, computers will only get faster and TVs will only get better, but footage can be difficult to impossible to capture again, so even though I don't have a 4K set yet and my MacBook Air is pushing five years old at this point and can barely play 1080p anymore (I mostly edit on a 2010 Mac Pro) I shoot 90% o the time in 4K/24fps. Your future self will thank you. :p

+1

Future proof is getting the highest resolution available. Archive the 4k and output to your current liking.. Although 4K is getting more and more affordable.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj