Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

3 out of 4 self propellers won't come off phantom

Discussion in 'Phantom FC40 Help' started by gfagien, Sep 15, 2014.

1. gfagien

Hey all 3 out of 4 of my self propellers won't come off my phantom fc-40 i tried to use little force but i am afraid of damaging the motors… any advice?

2. Wedeliver

maybe use a hair dryer,warm up the nuts. and dont be a fool and turn them the wrong way. they will never come off if they are not turned the côrrect direction. goodluck

3. Buckaye

Did you try using the little included wrench? - sorry if that seems like a lame question - but sometimes I can use my fingers and sometimes I need the wrench for a little extra torque.

4. Madwak

I remember which way to unscrew my props by memorising the phrase "silver is normal" this reminds me that the silver topped props unscrew anti-clockwise ( normal ) and the blacks go the opposite way ;)

5. Wedeliver

There is a little circle with an arrow that points in the direction to remove props. Also since you have one that you can remove. put it on and take it off, the one directly opposite does the same thing. the other two go the opposite direction. (does that make sense)

I have a feeling the op got it worked out and is busy flying...

6. Madwak

Yes I know there are little arrows but some of us can't see them if we forget to put our glasses on (me included) I was just giving a little help to the optically challenged among us :D

7. Wedeliver

I was almost blind from cataracs and the VA fixed me all up. well, i am wearing glasses again 3 years after having this done. just a quick question. how can you forget your glasses when you need them so badly? I currenty have both readind and distance glasses.