3 flights since back from DJI for cracks repair

Reaction score
And it's already cracking. Not that I thought it won't but give me a break.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1451454423.000759.jpg

You got bad luck. Sorry.

Can you tell if you have the reinforced shell?

Medium Zap glue and Zap Kicker are your friend. I know nothing about the insides, but would take a small patch of fiberglass on the underside of the crack, scuff plastics under crack area and mix up some 6 min epoxy and saturate the patch. Press out the excess with popcicle stick. Let dry. Crack will not expand.
I'll know more by weekend when my Phantom 1 comes in.

Stop sending them to DJI for repair. It's a waste of months of time. Buy a new shell on Amazon for $76. Do it yourself and you can literally have it done by end of day tomorrow. I know it's not fair but it still better than waiting on DJI

Reactions: mmee1992
Stop sending them to DJI for repair. It's a waste of months of time. Buy a new shell on Amazon for $76. Do it yourself and you can literally have it done by end of day tomorrow. I know it's not fair but it still better than waiting on DJI
Why can't DJI fix the issue? I heard on early models the screws were tightened too much. Loosening them just a touch supposedly fixed the issue

mine took 2 1/2 weeks, from the time i contacted them to the time i got it back

I did exactly that. Just make sure you get the redesigned shell.

Id send dji photos and ask for them to ship a new shell at their cost..... that is ridiculous. They come out with a new shell design and still give you the old version in the repair. They wouldnt have gone to the tooling and other expense of implementing the production chamge if it wasnt an attempt to correct a known issue.

Zoti just looking at the pic again Mate- could it have anything to do with the torque on the screws when tightening? Its still likley a design flaw regardless.

The crack wasn't there when I got it back last time. And I could care less why it's there. I want it repaired. The shell bottom they installed last time was same as the original one.

Before you start flying again, put one of these 6- or 4-screw enforcers under each motor. If you like guards, get a snap on set with, again 6- or 4- screw, base. They will keep it together by taking some load off the shell and distributing it onto themselves.

IFAIKT, the original DJI 2-screw guards can make things worse by actually adding the load to the end of shell where it is most vulnerable and obviously underweighted.

I had reinforcement plates installed on the original shell. Didn't help one bit.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj