3 bladed rotors, have you tried them?

Reaction score
I posted before about the concept of 3 bladed rotors, for Phantom 2.0. Now, I've found them on eBay, apparently for vision models, but I see no reason they wouldn't work for every phantom.

Has anyone tried these? If so, I'm seeking your opinion regarding any noticeable change in flight performance. Are you still using them?

Thanks.

The 3 bladed rotors are not that stable. Better stick with the original propeller.

skymotion said:
The 3 bladed rotors are not that stable. Better stick with the original propeller.
Define "stable".

Nothing has changed since the last time you asked . I'm getting you won't be happy till you try them out so go for it .
The first try's with P1 where unstable would not hold position just kinda all over the place P2 never tried them because of the video I linked in your last post on this .
GL !
Don't take me the wrong way you really just have to try them for yourself your probably going to run a little hot & lose little flight time your not going to hurt the bird they are just not my cup of tea they do look cool tho .

Generally speaking...

The typical need for 3 or more bladed props is to reduce overall diameter for increased ground or fuselage clearance. Neither of which are a concern for a Phantom.
It may also reduce noise and or raise the pitch to a more pleasant tone.

Now you need to match the appropriate pitch and diameter for comparable motor efficiency and performance over the stock twin-blade props.

I imagine the reduced disc size, likely increased mass (takes longer to change RPM as commanded by the MC) and possible improper sizing for a 3 blade substitute is causing the reduced stability and general performance drop-off many speak of.

The only plus as mentioned they look cool, but on;y when static.

skymotion said:

Have you tried them?

N017RW said:
Generally speaking...

The typical need for 3 or more bladed props is to reduce overall diameter for increased ground or fuselage clearance. Neither of which are a concern for a Phantom.
It may also reduce noise and or raise the pitch to a more pleasant tone.

Now you need to match the appropriate pitch and diameter for comparable motor efficiency and performance over the stock twin-blade props.

I imagine the reduced disc size, likely increased mass (takes longer to change RPM as commanded by the MC) and possible improper sizing for a 3 blade substitute is causing the reduced stability and general performance drop-off many speak of.

The only plus as mentioned they look cool, but on;y when static.
I hadn't thought of the mass causing the MC tuning to be off, but it makes sense. I know some Cessna owners who went from 2-blade to 3-blade on their airplanes and they all got better low speed performance (takeoff and climb) but suffered at cruise speeds.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj