3-Blade Props

SteveMann said:
The basic gains may be too high with the three-bladed prop.

Will test that on next days.

N017RW said:
Because of the added weight and drag it takes more time and energy to change RPM (dampening) thus increasing the response time of corrections made by the FC. This causes the instability.

+1

I would add the softness of this props contribute to instability too.
Will test higher and lower basic gains.

indeed, I was betting that I would need to adjust gains.

honestly this is just an experiment for me, I don't think tri-blade props are "better" from everything I hear they're worse, I'm just willing to trade a little bit of flight time for less noise whenever I want to make less noise, which won't be all the time.

Good news!
Tested 30% increase on Basic Gains P & R and worked better, then
tested 50% increase, and worked like a charm, confident enough to go 100 feet up,
stable almost all time, no VRS signs when coming down, like 12:30 min flight time
with 3 take off, windy conditions again, seems ok.

FedeVision said:
Good news!
Tested 30% increase on Basic Gains P & R and worked better, then
tested 50% increase, and worked like a charm, confident enough to go 100 feet up,
stable almost all time, no VRS signs when coming down, like 12:30 min flight time
with 3 take off, windy conditions again, seems ok.

Good to know. Could you post your gains with 50% increase ? Thanks. (still waiting my 3-blades) :cry:

Did a continuos flight time test, got 12:40 minutes @20%, but motors and battery ended too hot
for my taste, in middle of warm and hot, putting this props aside for now until I find a way to avoid this.

indeed, I was betting that I would need to adjust gains.

honestly this is just an experiment for me, I don't think tri-blade props are "better" from everything I hear they're worse, I'm just willing to trade a little bit of flight time for less noise whenever I want to make less noise, which won't be all the time.
+1

I would add the softness of this props contribute to instability too.
Will test higher and lower basic gains.

Hi, got the GWS 9050 3-blades, compared to the 9450 3bl, these are stiffer, lighter (13 grs balanced and nut included) and a lot quieter, 13:30 min flight @ 20%.

Made a little sample here:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl