Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

3.75km over Lake Travis, Austin TX. Phantom 2 Vision

Discussion in 'Photos and Video' started by themosttoys, Mar 9, 2014.

1. themosttoys

3.75km, 2.33 miles, 12,300 feet. Over Lake Travis. Flying the Phantom 2 Vision.

Video sped up by 2x so that it is less boring.

http://youtu.be/UWkiqb3VlMc

Attached Files:

2. OI Photography

I seem to recall you doing a flight from that same starting point (the church parking lot?) a while ago, that went as far as the sandbar, yes? I can imagine you've been anxious to try it again from that spot.

3. themosttoys

Yup, that video is on the same youtube channel. The trouble with that spot is that it's typically too windy to try anything long range. The last time I made it out to the sand bar (1.1 miles) but that time it was without FPV (was send and pray until lost control). This time (after modifications) I made it 2.33 miles without losing FPV or control. I really should have pushed it further today, but it had been a week since the battery was charged and I was nervous that it would die too quickly at the end of the flight.

4. al100

What setup are you using for control and video? I believe that is the longest flight with a Phantom I have heard about.

5. themosttoys

This is using the Phantom 2 Vision. I'm using the stock 5.8ghz controller with a small patch antenna. I'm using the stock repeater with a single CP HELIAXIAL24 (2.4ghz) antenna. On the P2V I have a small amp (~500mw) and a Skew Planar (SPW24) antenna.

You can see my setup in these threads:
    viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7900
    viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7448

Cheers

6. ClimbrJohn

Hope you don't mind, I added your experience to the DJI Phantom 2 Vision - FPV and Control Distances spreadsheet listed here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing