3/5 Updated Autopilot firmware v3.12 released

Re: Upgrade firmware B4 flying your Vision! Update 1/4: FYI

I've landed my micro heli from hover a few times and saw the videos of Colin doing it. Doesn't look that hard. I'd assess each time before the actual grab I guess. Once I get the hang of it, I think it's a better idea too. Anyone know where to get the prop guards for the PV's 9" blades?

Re: Upgrade your firmware B4 you fly your new Phantom Vision

iDrone said:
I agree, the v1.05 firmware only "patches out" the "initiate emergency landing sequence upon loss batt comm" issue, it's not really a fix but more of a workaround. And yes, as for fly aways I hope this doesn't give anyone the impression that they won't happen after loading v1.05 - that's what I meant by 'this is currently under discussion elsewhere on the forum'.

These are two completely different issues, but I think too many think they're the same. I'm just tired of reading about new PV owners & crashes every few days whose symptoms sound identical to the "invalid battery" issue which is now completely avoidable. And that's what prompted the post.

As for fly aways I try to study each reported incident looking for common denominators but it's elusive. The closest I've come is that just about every owner did a compass calibration prior to flight, then their PV suddenly took off away from home. There are also reports of applying course correction only to have it revert to flying in the wrong direction again as if trying to reach a particular set of GPS coord's, but whose coord's & why?

When these crash, what might be interesting is to open the Find My PV map and see if the map matches actual crash site. One thing's for certain, these kinds of "bugs" are lethal to our PV's and I wish the hell they'd get it resolved already.

iDrone

It must be a conspiracy, think about it, one day when 10,000 of these P2's are out and about throughout all the earth and WHAM! They all turn on us, congregate at a set coordinate and unify themselves to take over the world.

Man I have been watching too many sci-fi movies.

Have fun!

Re: Sticky: Update Your Vision Firmware / Update 1/20 Cam v1

Having to do with updates, the Naza module is apparently the Main Control unit,
and often referred to in this forum as having Naza-like, or Naza-M like functions
and thus Naza-like firmware.

DJI sells a Naza-M Lite (not like) module, and the M stands for Multi-Rotor as
different from the original Naza module which was only for helicoptor control, I believe.

So, are we accidently using the Naza-like term when we should be
using Naza-M Lite (LITE, not LIKE)?

If so, is it this DJI Naza-M Lite product actually the flight controller inside the P2V?

Is this Naza-M-Lite the "Phantom 2 Vision Autopilot System" (v1.08 firmware)?

What is the "Phantom 2 Vision Control Board" (with v1.0.1.19 firmwar)?

Thanks for the help, Gary

No, it's a modified (either hardware or firmware) Naza-M-V2 - it even has the same physical appearance to its casing. Here's a comparison of the differences among the NAZA family:

http://www.dji.com/whats-difference-of- ... naza-m-v2/

To be most accurate we should be refering to it's NAZAM mode as "Naza-M like"...

Pull_Up said:
No, it's a modified (either hardware or firmware) Naza-M-V2 - it even has the same physical appearance to its casing. Here's a comparison of the differences among the NAZA family:

http://www.dji.com/whats-difference-of- ... naza-m-v2/

To be most accurate we should be refering to it's NAZAM mode as "Naza-M like"...

Why can't you all just say it's "Naza" mode and be done with it? This is all getting pretty silly. Cause if you're not in Naza mode your in Vision mode, saying naza like or whatever just starts confusing people. And believe me many people here are confused enough as it is :p

I call it NAZAM 'cos that's what it say in the Assistant when you click on it! The "like" thing came about when people kept asking "where's the geo-fence?" or "Why doesn't the iPad Ground Station work" - in the release notes DJI referred to the mode as "NAZA-like" as it only gives a sub-set of the full functions available.

I think it actually confused Phantom/NAZA veterans more than the newcomers, as they were expecting all the bells and whistles...

Apparently there is no exact description or even a user manual for this
DJI version of NazaM for the P2V. Not even an official name for it.

No description for newcomers or old timers, what is there, what is missing,
what new it does for you, and what it tries to do TO you, like fall out of the
sky when the battery contacts jiggle. Apparently that modification was
not well thought out, and has been patched. What other defects have
been introduced?

Even the user manual for the P2V fails to describe things well.

Re: STICKY: Update Vision Firmware 1/27: Cam v1.19 Avail Aga

Sorry but here's a complete Newbie question.

I'm picking up my P2 Vision tomorrow . I thought I would get ahead of the game and install the DJI Drivers and software assistant on my laptop now.
Step 1 on the first post on this topic says

1. Download and install the DJI drivers

Does the the P2 have to be connected by USB before you install the drivers.

Cheers

Mossie said:
Sorry but here's a complete Newbie question.

I'm picking up my P2 Vision tomorrow . I thought I would get ahead of the game and install the DJI Drivers and software assistant on my laptop now.
Step 1 on the first post on this topic says

1. Download and install the DJI drivers

Does the the P2 have to be connected by USB before you install the drivers.

Cheers

When you download the drivers it will ask if the controller is connected. If you answer no, it will not install the driver. I usually answer yes and go through the install process. Then, once I plug the Phantom to the USB and computer, the driver activates. Make sure you do all the updates. You cannot do just some and not others because the compatibility issues.

Hi Guys

I´ve been reading several posts about Battery problems and FirmWare updates; well, I suffer from both.
As I bought my FV2 early December/14, mi heli worked great until I started to fiddle around with upgrading the Firmware.
I had at first, “Unsupported battery” errors and I could land in a place of choice, now with this last update, I don´t get this error anymore, but instead I get “Battery communication errors, fly with caution” and the heli lands almost immediately on any place and there is nothing you can do about it.
Bad thing, now I can also fly up to no more than 10 meters away as I´m scared to land in the middle of a river or something, even dough I still have 85% battery life left.
When I was upgrading FW using the newer "Phantom 2 Vision Assistant Software v1.08” for MAC OS (Thanks for that) the FW downloaded automatically and after this finished there was a sign “please upgrade your transmitter also” and so I did as per the instructions (opening the Transmitter case and all) but as soon as I pressed the “upgrade button” nothing happened, nor any further info, so at this time I don´t know which FW I´m using, I wonder if you can actually communicate between the transmitter and the MAC OS App.
Here are the readings I;ve got last night from my PV2:

Main Controller: 1.08
GPS: 6.0.1.3
Receiver: 1.0.1.3
P330CB: 1.0.1.19
Battery: 1.6.0.0

I haven´t done this battery pin contact cleaning yet, but I wanted to know if there were some new thoughts about these issues!

Thank You,

Fernando

Hi.

You need to use the RC Assistant to upgrade the receiver. This is different to the Vision Assistant and is Windows only for the moment. If you don't have the latest transmitter firmware you probably shouldn't fly until you can get it done to prevent possible issues between transmitter and receiver.

However, if you are getting constant battery errors then I would get hold of your dealer and ask for the new mark 2 data pins to be fitted under warranty. These have crowned tips for better contact and an improved extension for the same reason. They are available as a spare and you could fit them yourself, but personally I would get the work done under warranty.

You can try cleaning the contact pins and battery contact pads with either alcohol or a proprietary electrical contact cleaner, but if you are getting errors all the time then this won't sort the issue out if it's caused by a lack of spring extension. Good news is I haven't seen many (any?) reports of data pin issues from anyone with the mark 2's fitted out of the factory so it should be a proper fix for you.

Pull_Up said:
Hi.

You need to use the RC Assistant to upgrade the receiver. This is different to the Vision Assistant and is Windows only for the moment. If you don't have the latest transmitter firmware you probably shouldn't fly until you can get it done to prevent possible issues between transmitter and receiver.

However, if you are getting constant battery errors then I would get hold of your dealer and ask for the new mark 2 data pins to be fitted under warranty. These have crowned tips for better contact and an improved extension for the same reason. They are available as a spare and you could fit them yourself, but personally I would get the work done under warranty.

You can try cleaning the contact pins and battery contact pads with either alcohol or a proprietary electrical contact cleaner, but if you are getting errors all the time then this won't sort the issue out if it's caused by a lack of spring extension. Good news is I haven't seen many (any?) reports of data pin issues from anyone with the mark 2's fitted out of the factory so it should be a proper fix for you.

Thank You!

For the quick response, I´ll try and upgrade my transmitter using my wife´s iBook / Parallels (we don´t like pc´s) and see how it goes; about the pins...I would have to buy them in a North American store, as I bought mine trough Amazon, a friend brought the PV2 down to me here in Colombia, so it´s very difficult for me to send it back to the US, but I don´t mind doing the job!

Thank´s again

Yours,

Fernando

Re: STICKY: Software Update 2/20: RC Assistant 4 Mac & PC Av

To all the p2v gurus on this thread… Thank you for sharing what you've learned!!!

My p2v has been flying faultlessly (kudos to those who've shared) and, thanks to a flawless update (thanks to those who've shared) hopefully will continue to do so for a long time to come!

Wishing you all good fly time!!!

Pull_Up said:
Hi.

What is the value x1 rc settings. and how these values ​​are ideal to be

Re: STICKY: Phantom Vision v2.0 Update 3/26: Servers & Limit

There is an old YouTube video of a Colin Guinn interview stating that the Chinese government had DJI put a geo fence around an area in China. Colin would not state where this place was but said it could be bypassed by taking it out of GPS mode. I'll post a link to the video here when I find it.

As far as this upgrade, I'm going to wait for reasons given by others.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20