3.14 firmware question... GPS/ATTI/MAN switch

Reaction score
I'm upgraded to 3.14 on the Naza and I've been reading that folks are seeing RTH on their 3rd setting on the right hand GPS/ATTI/ATTI switch.

It used to be GPS/ATTI/ATTI if you didn't change it manually in the software.

Looking at mine now, I still see mine set that way.

Is there a difference between Failsafe and RTH?

I also see where people are reimporting Phantom parameters in the Naza. I didn't do that and I don't see where to download that from DJI, anyone have a link?

Failsafe is what it does when you either manually select it (if you've configured the switch), or you lose link.

Failsafe has two options - land in place, or "Return to Home" - configured through the assistant.

If you're not planning to do any MAN mode flying, it's worth configuring the switch to "Failsafe". That lets you activate it if you lose sight or orientation, but still have control link.

Whether you chose "land" or "RTH" is up to you. If there's water, probably use "RTH". If there are trees taller than 20m, you may be safer with "land".

mroberts said:
Failsafe is what it does when you either manually select it (if you've configured the switch), or you lose link.

Failsafe has two options - land in place, or "Return to Home" - configured through the assistant.

If you're not planning to do any MAN mode flying, it's worth configuring the switch to "Failsafe". That lets you activate it if you lose sight or orientation, but still have control link.

Whether you chose "land" or "RTH" is up to you. If there's water, probably use "RTH". If there are trees taller than 20m, you may be safer with "land".

Got it, was having a momentary stupid moment.

Alex said:
I also see where people are reimporting Phantom parameters in the Naza. I didn't do that and I don't see where to download that from DJI, anyone have a link?

The default settings are in the same download List as the assistant and firmware. It is a zip file, so you have to unzip it before you try to import it into the assistant. In the upper left-hand corner of the panel of the tools page you see provision for importing and exporting settings. I have always assumed that that there is the possibility that with each firmware upgrade there is a corresponding set of settings. I suppose that this may or may not be the case, but I import the current settings just to be sure. Your call.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20