3.12 firmware released

eseckinger said:
N017RW said:
I believe there are only two LED arrays in/on the ESC - Red and Green.

When BOTH are illuminated it produces the Yellow.

Each color group (red,green) has a separate output port on the driver chip, a separate switching transistor, and separate biasing resistor. So assuming there is not a connector issue, which seems implausible since you are getting some illumination on each side, it comes down to the items in the above sentence.

Maybe this can help you deduce the the problem as it is difficult without seeing it first-hand.

Found out my issue, I had swapped my shell at the same time and apparently after troubleshooting a bit I found out the the last LED on the chain is pressure sensitive and I did not have the screw tight enough to press the right amount on that LED. If you press on it lightly all 3 leds will only blink red. Pressing on it harder yields all colors. Call it weird but I examined it for a while before forming the conclusion and tightening it down a bit more. All is well now and a few more flights in on 3.12.

You have a fault. Loose solder joint(s), damaged runner(s), etc.

There is no need for external pressure to make an electrical connection on the ESC PCB for the LEDs.

Just finished my first flight with firmware 3.12. Big issue, S2 stick don't work at all, no ioc or home lock function works. I've calibrate the compass twice but nothing change...this evening I'll check at PC but I'm sure that it was all setup fine. Before firmware update everything works fine. I've tested gps mode and atti and both works but I've not tested obviously return home to avoid stupid risks.<br/>

eseckinger said:
New shell
I need some of the stock stickers now

Black dji phantom.... do you work for the FBI? I read they recently bought some flat black dji for covert surveillance around the white house....

yorlik said:
eseckinger said:
New shell
I need some of the stock stickers now

Black dji phantom.... do you work for the FBI? I read they recently bought some flat black dji for covert surveillance around the white house....

Even if I did we can't fly there anymore lol

Switched to 3.12 and have no problems after a few flights. Only issue I have is that DJI said this version changed the way the bird flew after the critical battery level is reached. That is, you still maintain control of the Phantom after critical battery level is reached. Well, I don't see that it is any different from the earlier versions. At 15%, the thing wants to land and it comes down fast. Yes, I can throttle up and keep it from hitting the ground hard, but if I try to land it, it starts to act like a yo-yo. That is, throttle up to keep it from landing, then small reduction in throttle to lower it and it comes down fast with very little movement of the stick. Has anyone else experienced this effect? I wish DJI would just let me choose if I want autoland at CBL or just issue a stronger (louder warning). DJI: I paid the money to buy this, let me pilot the thing!

So it's safe to update to 3.12?
I've been holding off after 3.10 scare but looking to do the latest NAZA (4.02 update) which isn't working and I'm assuming that I will need to be running 3.12 for it to work ?

No worries here, 6 flights so far with my V3 and all have been faultless. Everything on the latest firmware. :)

2mjssm.jpg

Reactions: massey98
No worries here, 6 flights so far with my V3 and all have been faultless. Everything on the latest firmware. :)

2mjssm.jpg
Thanks for the reassurance :) Just finished though it would seem I'm running 2.0.0.0 as my battery firmware. Guessing it's not a big deal. Have you updated NAZA as that's my next task.

Thanks for the reassurance :) Just finished though it would seem I'm running 2.0.0.0 as my battery firmware. Guessing it's not a big deal. Have you updated NAZA as that's my next task.

Yes, naza enabled as you see at the to right of the dji app screen.

242sphv.png

Yes, naza enabled as you see at the to right of the dji app screen.

242sphv.png
My apologies, in searching for 3.12 info I stumbled onto an old notice about a naza update... took a while to realise the page was from 2013 :rolleyes: thanks for the help!

I upgraded to 3.8(Firmware 3.12) went all okay! also updated FC200 . I am always reluctant to do a upgrade. I always wait to see and read the problems people are having. When you do a upgrade delete all your old assistant, and RC assistant exe files and driver. Then reinstall new. My old 3.6 exe file I put on a flash drive just in case I want them back. I took my bird up for a test flight and it seem to fly smoother.

Attachments

• ScreenshotPhantom Assis3.8 (6).jpg
    ScreenshotPhantom Assis3.8 (6).jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 264
drone camp says if safe check them on their youtube chn, haven't heard from jim demunseed chann

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20