3.1.3. BLUES

Reaction score
I HATE UPDATES, and am beginning to dislike dji.
Haven't been able to fly for a while, weather was good today so I decided to fly. Got the forced update msg. Read and researched(wasted half the day), went ahead and bit the bullet and updated from 2.9.1.
Which had been running fine since the HERE MAP scenario made me downgrade.
I started up everything (in the proper sequence) and "GO" says my bird is a Mavic Pro. IT IS A P3A!
I don't have time to fool with this thing. Can someone tell me how to correct this mess, PLEASE!

Can you not scroll to the right in the app to the Phantom and select it?

Reactions: Digdat0
Thanks for the reply.
There are no options. It's been a while since I "messed" with the app, and I'm old enough that my REtention span is just a little more than a monkey's.
What normally happened on initialization was the screen came up showing the a/c to be a p3pro, and after a few seconds, it changed to p3A, I then clicked "camera" and all progressed as it should. The first time after updating 3.1.3, the screen showed MavicPro, and just sat there. If I clicked "camera" it went to "how to connect bla,bla,bla." HOWEVER, I came back to it a little while ago, and it started up showing MavicPro, BUT, after a few seconds, I clicked on camera, and the app started, and it was P3A screen. Maybe it just needed to be restarted. BUT, now I have the lousy 'HERE" map AGAIN, and all it's just a blank white screen. It does show home point, etc, but thats's all.

I usually fly with my iPad on iOS, but occasionally use the Android all on my Galaxy S5, and the two do behave differently. When I launch the Android app the Mavic comes up. But there are three little dots at the bottom that indicates I caw swipe to find other models. I swipe to the Phantom, then there's a drop-down menu there to let me pick the specific Phantom I have. It's a pain.

On the Here maps, you probably need to pre-load the maps for where you're going to fly when you're at home on Wi-Fi. They should be in your device's cache when you go out to fly.

I don't know why DJI is using Here maps on Android (owned by Google) and Google maps on iOS (owned by Apple). I definitely prefer the Google maps.

Sorry Mr.Salty, I had never seen anything about being able to "scroll or swipe" over the different models. I got it to start up correctly a couple of times in a row,,,but only having it fail a few times before that. Sure doesn't give me enough confidence to fly.

I usually fly with my iPad on iOS, but occasionally use the Android all on my Galaxy S5, and the two do behave differently. When I launch the Android app the Mavic comes up. But there are three little dots at the bottom that indicates I caw swipe to find other models. I swipe to the Phantom, then there's a drop-down menu there to let me pick the specific Phantom I have. It's a pain.

On the Here maps, you probably need to pre-load the maps for where you're going to fly when you're at home on Wi-Fi. They should be in your device's cache when you go out to fly.

I don't know why DJI is using Here maps on Android (owned by Google) and Google maps on iOS (owned by Apple). I definitely prefer the Google maps.
I was typing when your msg came in. Thank you for info.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers