3.08 Discussion Thread for P2NV / P2Z

Hello,
I had my Phantom 2 for a several months and works perfect with 3.06 firmware. Then the problem coming when I upgrade to 3.08. I'm using Futaba 14SG for my controller. I had some issue with my h3-3d when tilting down. I choose the RS (Right Slider) to tilting down my gimbal. After upgrade to 3.08, my RS doesn't work good. A little movement from RS make the gimbal move down to 90 degree. So, I can't control the gimbal position anymore.
Is there anyone can help me?

PS: Sorry for my english :roll:

aliangger said:
Hello,
I had my Phantom 2 for a several months and works perfect with 3.06 firmware. Then the problem coming when I upgrade to 3.08. I'm using Futaba 14SG for my controller. I had some issue with my h3-3d when tilting down. I choose the RS (Right Slider) to tilting down my gimbal. After upgrade to 3.08, my RS doesn't work good. A little movement from RS make the gimbal move down to 90 degree. So, I can't control the gimbal position anymore.

Did you do the X1 calibration in the Phantom Assistant? (along with Basic and Advanced calibration)

Cheers!

aliangger said:
Hello,

X1 is reversed in 3.08. It isn't in previous versions. You need to open Phantom Assistant, find the tab with X1 channel and next to it is a button that toggles between "normal" and "reverse". You need to set it to normal.

If the gimbal is still not tilting right, you may need to recalibrate it using the same software.

@skeeter & @ianwood

Hello, thanks for your reply.
As I mention before, I used Futaba 14SG for my controller. Did you used it too?
I've done with all calibration feature in DJI Assist. Software (Basic, Advance, Stick and X1 with swtiching Rev and Normal) and also try new feature in DJI Assist. Software 3.06 espesially for new phantom 2 remote control. It is doesn't solve my problem with my remote slider for the gimbal.
Do you have any suggest, sir?

I just tested 3.08 and had good and bad results. My Tarot gimbal would only tilt from 0 to 90 degrees any input to the camera tilt would tilt the camera straight down. However my problem battery that has 80 discharges responded properly for the first time to the first and second warning levels. With 3.06 the battery was auto landing at the first battery warning at 20%. I noticed the feature that slows down descend under 10M which seems to be a good safety feature if you ever had to spot land and emergency land using just the video feed. However this update will be unusable to me if the camera tilt problem is not solved. If anyone has a solution to this problem please post it.

CaptMike said:
The Question is, "Why Update"? I'm not buyine 3.08 (or 3.06).
Some of us needed to go to 3.06 so that our aircraft would fly straight (magnetic declination issue). 3.08 improved my Autoland situation as well. So for some of us it makes sense.

dano7602 said:
I just tested 3.08 and had good and bad results. My Tarot gimbal would only tilt from 0 to 90 degrees any input to the camera tilt would tilt the camera straight down. However my problem battery that has 80 discharges responded properly for the first time to the first and second warning levels. With 3.06 the battery was auto landing at the first battery warning at 20%. I noticed the feature that slows down descend under 10M which seems to be a good safety feature if you ever had to spot land and emergency land using just the video feed. However this update will be unusable to me if the camera tilt problem is not solved. If anyone has a solution to this problem please post it.
Did you calibrate your x1 channel in the assistant? This should fix it.

dano7602 said:
I just tested 3.08 and had good and bad results. My Tarot gimbal would only tilt from 0 to 90 degrees any input to the camera tilt would tilt the camera straight d8own. However my problem battery that has 80 discharges responded properly for the first time to the first and second warning levels. With 3.06 the battery was auto landing at the first battery warning at 20%. I noticed the feature that slows down descend under 10M which seems to be a good safety feature if you ever had to spot land and emergency land using just the video feed. However this update will be unusable to me if the camera tilt problem is not solved. If anyone has a solution to this problem please post it.

I guest we have the same problem. But I used zenmuse H3-3D.
Is it bug from 3.08? Or my controller?

SOLVED CAMERA TILT ISSUE IN 3.08

I was finally able to solve the camera tilt issue that only allowed the camera to be tilted straight down in 3.08. I calibrated the sticks and x1 channel in both the RC Assistant software and the Phantom Assistant software. Using the RC assistant first, I went through the calibration process by moving the sticks through the motions at the same time I was also moving the X1 lever through its range of motion. I understand that the RC Assistant software states that the X1 channel can not be calibrated in the RC assistant but I found this method to work. Next I then went to the Phantom Assistant software and calibrated the X1 Channel. Through this calibration process I finally noticed I was able to command control of the camera tilt with the X1 lever. I hope this solution works for others having camera tilt issues in 3.08. It is worth noting that I am using a Tarot gimbal, I am not sure if this method will work with the H3-3D which many seem to be having the tilt issue with. If someone can confirm this solution works with the H3-3D gimbal.

I upgraded 3.08 and also upgraded each of my five batteries. Two of those batteries had been discharged just under 30 times and were autolanding at 47 - 40% of battery life. In test flight for one of those batteries (which was recorded on DVR) autoland was at 6% and the flight time was 13.43 minutes. Normal flight time with a new battery is 16 minutes for the following equipment.

Phantom 2, H3-2D, Go Pro 3+, AVL 58 tx, mini iOSD, 90°elbow (for antenna) and clover leaf antenna . Total weight just over 2 lbs

jason said:
I upgraded 3.08 and also upgraded each of my five batteries. Two of those batteries had been discharged just under 30 times and were autolanding at 47 - 40% of battery life. In test flight for one of those batteries (which was recorded on DVR) autoland was at 6% and the flight time was 13.43 minutes. Normal flight time with a new battery is 16 minutes for the following equipment.

Phantom 2, H3-2D, Go Pro 3+, AVL 58 tx, mini iOSD, 90°elbow (for antenna) and clover leaf antenna . Total weight just over 2 lbs

I found similar findings on 3 of my older batteries that were about the same age as yours. All 3 will now run all the way down below 10% without autolanding (which was not the case before)

I now have too many batteries with 8 (my LF battery just came yesterday) :)

dano7602 said:
SOLVED CAMERA TILT ISSUE IN 3.08

I was finally able to solve the camera tilt issue that only allowed the camera to be tilted straight down in 3.08. I calibrated the sticks and x1 channel in both the RC Assistant software and the Phantom Assistant software. Using the RC assistant first, I went through the calibration process by moving the sticks through the motions at the same time I was also moving the X1 lever through its range of motion. I understand that the RC Assistant software states that the X1 channel can not be calibrated in the RC assistant but I found this method to work. Next I then went to the Phantom Assistant software and calibrated the X1 Channel. Through this calibration process I finally noticed I was able to command control of the camera tilt with the X1 lever. I hope this solution works for others having camera tilt issues in 3.08. It is worth noting that I am using a Tarot gimbal, I am not sure if this method will work with the H3-3D which many seem to be having the tilt issue with. If someone can confirm this solution works with the H3-3D gimbal.

Glad to hear that, my friend.
I also solve it by my self. I found that the same thing in 3.08 is allowed the tilt control just stright down 180°.
Then I noticed there something wrong in my futaba. So, I went back to Assist. Software then calibrate the X1. Before I checked the "finish" button, I go to "End Point" in my futaba controller and try to find the travel point in channel 6 (Gear).
And now I'm happy to experience 3.08 especially for the flight performance is much better.
Thanks guys..

I'm a bit confused-the latest phantom 2 assistant is 3.60...so is that firmware 3.08?
I made a video of the new adjustable altitude when entering fail safe, and also how the new decent rate works;
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIFwkLp5VCs[/youtube]

Thanks for posting the video. Yes the latest is assistant 3.6 and that will update your phantom to 3.08.

Ok Have updated all ok, but 1 of my batteries is 1.6.0.0 so will not update what are people doing about this?, just leaving it or has someone found away around this

Thanks

Simon

Makes me wonder if possibly the batteries that can't upgrade are the ones that were unaffected by the power slumps.

My main findings regarding 3.08 was that, Autoland kicks in at around 20% where previously it kicked in at 15%. (This may just be the start of early autoland problems though).

I was unable to override it with control inputs (something that I thought you were supposed to be able to do). However, flicking the s1 switch a couple of times allowed me to gain control once more. Has anyone else noticed this?

Also the battery upgrade option to 2.06 is no longer available. Could they have removed this to prevent bricking aftermarket batteries? I'd imagine there are some legal issues in some countries regarding an update to fw that does this.

Flight characteristics are broadly the same. I experience an occasional oscillating yaw when flying in a straight line and or experience a drift from course with out a change in heading. I suspect a compass problem, it maybe a compass fault although the raw values are within spec or it may just be yet another inherrant dji problem!

Updated yesterday.. went smoothly for the main system, but had to run the battery update 3 times with various reboots to get it working.

Will test it as soon as the rain stops!

i LOVE 3.08. was about to throw this thing out the window at times on 3.04 and 3.06... 3.04 the TBE was so bad and at times the thing would fly off in GPS mode like it had a mind of its own. 3.06 seemed to improve TBE but it still had quite a bit of drift, and the thing would begin to auto land between 40 and 60% battery.
Now the thing is rock solid in the air, no drift on yaw movements and I can consistently get 15 minutes out of my old batteries. Got 14 minutes with the thing in -20 temps and still was not auto landing, awesome!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers