3.08 Discussion Thread for P2NV / P2Z

droneranger said:
shartlza said:
I was thinking that a new battery was coming because on the specs for the new motors it says they give an extra 200g of lift on a 3S battery. Why would they say that if there is only one battery for the phantom which is a 3S. It will be interesting to see what comes out in the next few months.

This kind of feels like when they released new firmware for the P1 to naza m v2, then a little while later brought out the phantom 1.1.1 then a month or so later released the phantom 2 vision. I think they are refreshing the P2 to make it a bit more desirable and to keep up with technology, then soon they will release a whole new craft, but i am thinking it will not compete with the phantom as that will be their every day bread and butter consumer. We will see.

Well, there is the new code named "Triumph" aircraft that appears to be slotted between the existing Phantom line and the Spreading Wings line. Perhaps this is the "Phantom 3". They still sell the earlier versions of all the Phantom 2s, so maybe it won't be a Phantom 2 replacement so much as a new addition to the stable (or a Phantom 2V++).
Yea i have read all the posts on forums about the speculation of the Triumph. I personally think something like this will be coming out soon and will be at a higher tier pricing than the phantom line of course.

Does anyone know if DJI pulled the battery FW from their site? I was installing my new H3-3D last night, and decided to update stuff. I didn't do the gimbal FW, but it shows an update (10.0.0.46 IIRC). The FC was updated to 3.08, but the battery FW is sitting at 2.0.0.0. In both Phantom Assist 3.2 and 3.4. No updates available...

shartlza said:
droneranger said:
shartlza said:
I was thinking that a new battery was coming because on the specs for the new motors it says they give an extra 200g of lift on a 3S battery. Why would they say that if there is only one battery for the phantom which is a 3S. It will be interesting to see what comes out in the next few months.

This kind of feels like when they released new firmware for the P1 to naza m v2, then a little while later brought out the phantom 1.1.1 then a month or so later released the phantom 2 vision. I think they are refreshing the P2 to make it a bit more desirable and to keep up with technology, then soon they will release a whole new craft, but i am thinking it will not compete with the phantom as that will be their every day bread and butter consumer. We will see.

Well, there is the new code named "Triumph" aircraft that appears to be slotted between the existing Phantom line and the Spreading Wings line. Perhaps this is the "Phantom 3". They still sell the earlier versions of all the Phantom 2s, so maybe it won't be a Phantom 2 replacement so much as a new addition to the stable (or a Phantom 2V++).
Yea i have read all the posts on forums about the speculation of the Triumph. I personally think something like this will be coming out soon and will be at a higher tier pricing than the phantom line of course.
Reliable industry sources indicate a mid-November release timeframe. Speculation is rampant about capabilities with an integrated 4K camera and Lightbridge topping the list. As you noted, pricing is almost certainly going to be higher than the Phantom, but lower than the SW series.

Damon said:
Captain,

My gimbal was changed to "Rev" in the software as a result of update. Just hook the P2 up and run Phantom Assistant to change the x1 back to "norm"

I found that I had to recalibrate the X1 in both RC assistant and Phanton 2 assistant as my Zenmuse H3_2D had very strange behavior.

Upgraded today using the latest Mac Assistant downloaded this morning. Some observations:

• All but one of my batteries took the battery update. I don't know why the one didn't want it. The firmware and bootloader are a little older but still meet the posted criteria.
  • All other updates went as normal.
  • X1 is reversed. You need to click the reverse button on X1 to put it back to normal.
  • Set my RTH height to 100ft.
  • Updated my gains hitting the default button.
  • Flew two batteries, both with early auto-land issues, one with new FW, the other without. Both flew a little longer, and then percentages started to fall fast, auto-land kicked in at the end. Long and short, bad batteries are still bad though the update may get you a few more minutes.
  • Noticed less un-commanded yaw than before. While stationary, it held it's heading in the wind. Obtaining a smooth slow yaw seemed easier. This is good!
  • Gimbal was well behaved too, held the horizon, no motor noises.

So far, so good. Will be taking it out for some real filming tomorrow.

Updated my gains hitting the default button.
Why? did upgrading this firmware change your default gains in any way?

also-for those not "crystal clear" on the battery drain issue-it's 10 days-and, it may not even drain the "old" batteries, at all. So this should be a non-issue.

OK. This may be an odd one. Or not...

I just did the 3.08 update (as of Nov 1, 2014. ALL current firmware) via the 3.6 Assistant software, did all the recalibrations (IMU - Basic and Advanced, stick and X1). I updated one of two batteries to 2.6.0.0 (from memory...??) as well. I set RTH altitude to 100 feet. Max altitude to 395 feet and max distance to 2000 feet.

I then proceeded to bench test while strapped down using the updated battery. Started out at about 50% battery and basically just let her idle with a few "speed runs" to test load conditions and stick response. Indoors, strapped down, with about 10-11 sats locked. I use a Futaba controller, BTW.

Got it down to about 20% and started watching the battery voltage and percent closely. Nothing odd here.

Then... As soon as it it hit 14%, motor cut-off. Just stopped. I could re-start it, but it would immediately shut off the motors. I would not want this to happen in-flight. At all. Ever.

So. I'm hoping that it may have "thought" it hit critical battery level, flew home, landed and shut off the motors. I hope. I REALLY hope that that is what it is...I have idled-down batteries on the bench to 8% before. With motors running. I think...

My non-updated battery is fully charged for a flight tomorrow, so idling it down to 15% would take a while.

So, I'm wondering if any of you have done this and noticed the same behavior. Or ???

TIA!

skeeter said:
So. I'm hoping that it may have "thought" it hit critical battery level, flew home, landed and shut off the motors. I hope. I REALLY hope that that is what it is...

This definitely, if you have "go home and land" ticked for low battery.. It would have started to try and descend, realized it had stopped downward motion ie landed, then shut off motors. I'm sure disabling that will sort it while running down battery indoors/held down etc.

I updated all my batteries to 2.6.0.0 when the updates first came out. Now I hear about people having battery issues. Should I run a newer update on them or leave them as is?
I actually haven't gotten to fly yet due to weather and other stuff

ianwood said:
Upgraded today using the latest Mac Assistant downloaded this morning. Some observations:

• All but one of my batteries took the battery update. I don't know why the one didn't want it. The firmware and bootloader are a little older but still meet the posted criteria.
  • All other updates went as normal.
  • X1 is reversed. You need to click the reverse button on X1 to put it back to normal.
  • Set my RTH height to 100ft.
  • Updated my gains hitting the default button.
  • Flew two batteries, both with early auto-land issues, one with new FW, the other without. Both flew a little longer, and then percentages started to fall fast, auto-land kicked in at the end. Long and short, bad batteries are still bad though the update may get you a few more minutes.
  • Noticed less un-commanded yaw than before. While stationary, it held it's heading in the wind. Obtaining a smooth slow yaw seemed easier. This is good!
  • Gimbal was well behaved too, held the horizon, no motor noises.

So far, so good. Will be taking it out for some real filming tomorrow.

One thing I noticed after updated that I hadn't noticed before... when I input yaw command on the bench, my H3-3D gimbal turns. Has anyone noticed this also? Is this something new in this update?

havasuphoto said:

Getting into the habit of hitting the default button on upgrades and noting changes before and after. There was nothing different in this release.

DesertFlyer53 said:
One thing I noticed after updated that I hadn't noticed before... when I input yaw command on the bench, my H3-3D gimbal turns. Has anyone noticed this also? Is this something new in this update?

It's always done that.

MrC said:
skeeter said:
So. I'm hoping that it may have "thought" it hit critical battery level, flew home, landed and shut off the motors. I hope. I REALLY hope that that is what it is...

This definitely, if you have "go home and land" ticked for low battery.. It would have started to try and descend, realized it had stopped downward motion ie landed, then shut off motors. I'm sure disabling that will sort it while running down battery indoors/held down etc.
Thanks, Mr C! Thought that might be the case. ..

I take back the improved yaw stability. It still suffers from un-commanded yaw in the wind. Pretty sure the H3-3D is occasionally listing to the right as well. Same as before. DJI, you need to fix these issues. Other than setting the RTH height and some battery tweaks that may or may not work, there's nothing noteworthy in 3.08.

Before, on 3.04 when yawing, wind or no wind, I had some drift.

Upgraded to 3.08 first flight with no wind, yaw was stable, no drifting, thought it was fixed. Tested it hard several times just to confirm.

Second flight on 3.08 with some wind, really not too strong, back to having drifting even with non aggressive yawing, so yes, I can confirm, not yet fixed.

I did an advanced calibration and compass calibration before both flights on 3.08.

Took it for a hover and yaw test. I get up to 5 metres drift when I yaw 90 degrees in both directions. Mostly in the same direction every time. It drifts to between 1 and 2 o'clock. Other times to between 4 and 5 o'clock, depending if I yaw clockwise or anti-clockwise.

After doing all the updates I noticed the 3d gimble turns now when ever the quad turns(yaw I think). Actually when ever I move the sticks the gimble turns. Is that ok???

Pacific Barbarian said:
I noticed that since upgrading to new firmware.
Its done that for quite a while.
Zoeconner said:
After doing all the updates I noticed the 3d gimble turns now when ever the quad turns(yaw I think). Actually when ever I move the sticks the gimble turns. Is that ok???
Its OK and normal.

ianwood said:
havasuphoto said:

Getting into the habit of hitting the default button on upgrades and noting changes before and after. There was nothing different in this release.

DesertFlyer53 said:

It's always done that.
Did the upgrade Yesterday-no issues. Kind of scary when the gimbal wiggs out during the 1st part of the upgrade, before powering off.
However, I thought I saw the Yaw value at 140 before I hit the Default switch. Can anyone confirm their gain values after upgrading their firmware? I think it's now at 120? But-I may have those numbers mixed up-and saw 120, which defaulted to 140.....happened kind of fast and I really wasn't paying attention, and should have.

Have 1 battery stuck on 1.06. So-that will be a "test" battery only. Not sure what exactly the battery upgrade will do, but I upgraded the rest to 2.6 w/o issue. Same with the Gimbal-no issues.

Now-it's too windy to fly, and I have other things that need doing. I'm curious if the magnetic variation situation has improved more?

Also-my Gimal was once again starting to fall asleep to the left. It was random, and not on every flight, like it was before upgrading during the last F/W upgrade-which seemed to fix that. I'm hoping they addressed that issue-again.
And-I seriously hope that I can get at least 1 flight, with a Straight Horizon!!!!

My gains settings were as follows:

Basic Gain: Pitch: 120 Roll: 120 Yaw: 120 Vertical: 200
Attit Gain: Pitch: 220 Roll: 220

I then hit the default button and it changed to the following:

Basic Gain: Pitch: 125 Roll: 125 Yaw: 120 Vertical: 140
Attit Gain: Pitch: 260 Roll: 260

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member