3.06 Phantom connection lost....NO RTH

Reaction score
Ok , my first flight tonight after upgrading to 3.06. Take-off good, decent 8 -9 satellites lock, good hover....so up I went flying down the beach on my normal distance run. I get to the point where I usually either loose FPV or control, so at that point I turn him around and it reconnects and then I fly back. WITH 3.06 , "PHANTOM CONNECTION LOST" or is it "CONTROL LOST"...the screen turned grey, BUT NO RETURN TO HOME even after 20 seconds.....it was the longest 20 seconds of my life....

I started walking towards it to shorten the distance, and suddenly i regain vision and control so I flew him home immediately.
WHERE DID THE NORMAL RETURN TO HOME GO? Loss of control after 10-15 seconds, that boy should have flown home with "Return to home" displayed...BUT i got nothing...just "Phantom connection lost"(or control lost).

ANYONE?
my flight tonight : http://www.flytrex.com/mission/quadcopt ... mba-55610/

I had a loss of signal tonight after 3.06 and the RTH functioned as it should, FWIW.

Sounds like you lost the WiFi video down link, not the control signal. ("screen turned grey") Of course she'll hover in place as long as the control signal is there and battery life is remaining. The on screen graphic for that is a White warning triangle with the text "Connection to Phantom failed" and the picture turns gray.

If you get a loss of control signal but the WiFi link is still active, you get the pop up message that says "Control Signal Lost" with a broken chain graphic and a yellow warning triangle. The screen doesn't turn gray and continues to show the video as the Phantom returns home.

I was flying today on the beach and took the opportunity to range test. Flew out to ~800 meters and the WiFi video link was intermittent but stayed connected until I lost the control signal which popped up the "Coming Home" graphic with the big H, and home she came. No problem.

SEE....im glad somebody came to work today.....I think I was just nervous with m first flight after upgrade....
THANKS SO MUCH GUYS!...
Now I can sleep!

Night John boy.....Night all....

zzzzzzzz

You have to be sure what screen popped up to know exactly what happened.
I suspect it was the wifi link, not the controllers one.
To be sure in a next case just turn off the transmitter and RTH has to be initiated then.
Its something i always do when the bird is away and lose any connection.
It will ease the mind in knowing @ least its in RTH and you can analyze whats happening before your freak out completely.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers