3.06 Firmware and Groundstation problem

Reaction score
I upgraded my Phantom 2 to the latest 3.06 firmware, and now my Groundstation range/reception is terrible. I checked to see if there was possibly a new firmware update for the Data Link as well (both air and ground ends) but there is not. I have had to downgrade my Phantom 2 back to 3.04 so that I have decent connectivity between the ground and air ends of the datalink.
Anyone else having this problem? Any solutions?

I don't have a solution and I haven't updated yet - but your words make me hesitant to do so....

When you say range/reception, what exactly are you speaking about? The range pre-takeoff (the distance between your phantom and the transmitter that uploads the flight plan?) Or, are you talking about the quasi-OSD type feedback you get/watch on the ground station app on your computer/iPad DURING the flight?

Also, what was the process you used to "downgrade". I haven't ever downgraded yet - but it's only been three months or so. If my equipment means anything/helps, my setup is a P2, stock radio, H3-3D, GoPro Hero 3+ Black, 2.4 Groundstation (air/ground ends) w/ BTU, interference board, and a Flytrex live. Using PC Groundstation. No FPV setup (yeah, overweight by ~ 70 grams but still flying smoothly.)

Thanks in advance.

It is general connectivity and range of the Datalink that are effected by the 3.06 update. Basically, I will have a mission ready to upload, and I usually manually have my phantom take off to about 80 feet up or so and then start the mission. With 3.04 and earlier versions it would upload pretty quickly and start the mission....since 3.06 it will try to upload the mission, but take forever and finally upload or just fail and I have to try. Then, once it starts the mission I have way less range of connectivity/tracking via groundstation. I have a support ticket into DJI about this...I was hoping maybe there would be some kind of firmware update to the datalink to fix this.

In answer to your other question, downgrading is simple. To upgrade to 3.06 you have to download the new Phantom assistant 3.2. If you want to downgrade, just launch the old version of the assistant (3.0) and when you go to upgrade and click where it says for newest firmware, it will let you go back to 3.04. (same thins for if you want to go to 1.08, except for that you use the DJI assistant 1.1 version)

Good info -thanks.

Knowing I can downgrade the firmware, I'll give the update a chance and see what my results are with 3.06. If I get what you're getting, I'll downgrade/revert back to 3.04. TBE and J-hook haven't been too much of a problem for me as I'm in a 5 degree declination area. I'll try to knock this out after work today but it may be the weekend before I can post my results.

Thanks again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.