3.04 or not 3.04

Reaction score
Hi!
I know that it's not a new subject, and I'm not trying to open and stir the can of worms again, but I'm old and afraid to die before finishing reading all that has been written about it.
Personally I'm happy sticking to the V2.0 with my P2 H32D. I have no problem. Basically, in short, why should I or shouldn't go for it?
Thanks.

I installed it as soon as it was available. If you are concerned about limited speed, don't install it. Very stable flight, except if I want to yaw in place. It drifts when yawing, but it did that before 3.04

I recently installed the Central Board firmware 1.0.1.31 update and now have compass errors, when that was not a problem before that update.

Yes, limited speed, no fly zones, and I wonder about the side effects to the zenmuse, compass etc. Ihave been reading a lot but it's difficult to know if it is really the update or if DJI has released a fix ...

I installed it on mine the day it was released and have had no problems. I love using the waypointing. Never thought I would, but I do. Certainly one reason I'm glad I upgraded. But... I can't remember if the straight P2 can do that even with 3.04, so that may or may not be a moot point.
I thought the speed limitation was only applicable to decent, to avoid prop wash (which is a good thing). I haven't really noticed any other speed differences. Though, admittedly, I'm not out there trying to run a slalom or anything.
The no fly zones is a non-issue for me... I'd rather stay out of those areas anyway.
I don't have the zenmuse, either, so can't speak to that.

I think I'm about to be forced to do the update. My Phantom has just stopped working and DJI are saying I need to update to 3.04 to get it working again. This was their response:

Sorry for inconvenience but you has to upgrade to the latest firmware. It's for safety's sake anyway.

Best Regards

Sounds like a total load of BS to me and it is inexcusable to require firmware updates to keep the thing working. I'm really having my doubts about this company.

Don't go to 3.04 if you don't have to. I was flying the other day in a not very big breeze and GPS didn't have the tilt (balls) to come back upwind. Flew back in ATTI mode.
Honestly it is soooooo slow!!! Feck DJI

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31