3.04 Downgrade?

I rolled back to 1.08 from 3.04... night and day difference. Descent rate is rapid, and can get out of control. Lateral speed is amazing.

A need to make life miserable? What can we look forward to with the phantom 3? :(

Went from 3.04 back to 1.08 simply for the speed of movement. I'll pay much respect to the airport zones but will not use 3.04 as there is too much of a performance governor on it.

Looking at downgrading to 1.08 too. Also people are saying you can only go from 3.04 to 1.08, but couldn't you just then upgrade back to 2 from 1.08??

Can 1.08 work with the H3-3D??

I'm all for airport restrictions etc but to limit the speeds of these things is absolute crap. I bought the Phantom that I saw flying around at 35 degrees not this crappy new speed.

After having a number of problems with both mine and a friends Phantom I am really starting to lose it at this company. I still love flying it but can't wait for a decent competitor to arrive so I can make a move away from DJI.

So what has actually changed from 1.08 to 3.04?
Is the speed limit also applied to Naza manual mode?
And another question, if switching to manual mode, instructions says?
"You can change to the Phantom 2 mode by clicking the same button used to turn on the Naza-M
mode. This operation will disable the Naza-M mode and enable Phantom 2 mode. All parameters
will be returned to factory settings"
Does it mean it resets to the settings with the IMU calibration, or do i have to setup and tune the Zenmuse all over again too?

yeah I am also keen to know, can you go from:
3.04 to 1.08 then upgrade back to 2?

thanks

-H

TodayTrader said:
Went from 3.04 back to 1.08 simply for the speed of movement. I'll pay much respect to the airport zones but will not use 3.04 as there is too much of a performance governor on it.
I agree. It will be tough if/when they have a firmware that fixes the compass issue for us in the higher declination zones because I really would love to fly straight. Maybe if/when they fix it, they'll also incorporate the option to customize the pitch levels.

Joel_t said:
Can 1.08 work with the H3-3D??

I haven't had any issues with the gimbal. The pitch control (and all other operation) for me has been the same on 1.08 with the H3-2D, 1.08 with the H3-3D and 3.04 with the H3-3D. I know there's something about being able to control the speed of the pitch with the newer firmware but I never messed with it because I was okay with it on both versions and both gimbals.

For all you people downgrading to 1.08... Just remember a MAJOR bug was fixed in 2.0 that doesnt allow the smart battery error to stop the motors in flight.

xtonex said:
For all you people downgrading to 1.08... Just remember a MAJOR bug was fixed in 2.0 that doesnt allow the smart battery error to stop the motors in flight.

Thanks for this . . . Do you have more info on this as well as other differences between 1.08 and 2.0?

Does anyone have a link to the 2.0 installer? I'll consider going to that from 1.08 to avoid the battery bug for sure.

Downloaded the P2 Assistant 2.0 and it seems I cannot get a pathway to 2.0. Wondering if you have to go back to 3.04 then directly to 2.0 avoiding 1.8. Anyone?

Yeah I think that's the problem. It seems once you've gone to 3.04 you can only go to 1.08.

Don't ask why they would block you from going back to 2.0.

I'm in the exact same boat as you though. I totally understand restricted air zones and limiting decent speed to avoid all those VRS crashes (although 1m/s seems too slow to me) but limiting the horizontal speed and not making it adjustable is just stupid.

I am in the process of downgrading to 1.08 to get that speed back but then you are stuck with that freaking battery problem.

I'm seriously starting to lose my **** at DJI. They don't seem to have one person in the support team that can understand English properly or have the capacity to fix a problem.

No matter how I phrase my emails I get replies that have nothing to do with what I am asking or just simply ignore all the info I've just given.

xtonex said:

Trying to find information on this . . . looking at the (official) release notes for 2.0, I don't see anything about the error/stopping motors in flight. Is this something that they don't mention? I mean, I guess it would be bad to talk about motors stopping in mid flight.

http://download.dji-innovations.com/dow ... tes_en.pdf

I wouldn't mind going to 2.0 from 1.8 but some seem to have issue doing it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1