3.04 Downgrade?

Reaction score
Anyone know if there is a way to downgrade 3.04 back to 3.02? My p2 now flies very slow since dji put a limit on the tilt of the phantom. Doesn't seem to affect the p2v+ my friend has but the p2 it does. Also my H3-3D is slower to correct horizon. Dji does not give you the option to manually download firmware and I have tried hooking up to assistant 2.0 but no luck. Any thoughts or am I stuck here?

Jbrown83 said:
Anyone know if there is a way to downgrade 3.04 back to 3.02? My p2 now flies very slow since dji put a limit on the tilt of the phantom. Doesn't seem to affect the p2v+ my friend has but the p2 it does. Also my H3-3D is slower to correct horizon. Dji does not give you the option to manually download firmware and I have tried hooking up to assistant 2.0 but no luck. Any thoughts or am I stuck here?

Unfortunately I do not believe it is possible to downgrade ):

just run the installer version of your choice and then plug in your phantom. Power cycle your Phantom and await the upgrade message. It will just upgrade you to the lower version.

Have fun

Bmews

Hello, I've tried that with 2.0 assistant. Doesn't work, just show I am at 3.04. When I click no updates, it's just shows 3.04 available once again. Dji has changed their assistant softwares I think so this can't happen anymore. :(

I think you should call / write up the DJI customer service rep and give them some flak for that.
They sneaked in an undocumented modification in V3.04 that seriously degraded the performance of your machine, in fact, it is now not as described as the specs was 35 degree max tilt when you purchased it and now has been limited to 15/25. I for one would have lost my P2 if I had upgraded as I needed to use all the airspeed I had (35 degree tilt in ATTI) last weekend getting it back to the launch point upwind.

DJI need to give their customers options rather than just restrictions.

BMEWS said:
just run the installer version of your choice and then plug in your phantom. Power cycle your Phantom and await the upgrade message. It will just upgrade you to the lower version.

Have fun

Bmews

Where to get the installer version for 3.02 then? Anyone know? Mine got toilet bowl effect and can't fly straight since upgrading to 3.04.

At one point in the recent past I was able to downgrade by using the Assistant software of my choice (I have three different ones stored on my computer) as someone has suggested. However, the last time I tried this, perhaps 3 weeks ago, not only would not downgrade but it wouldn't even let me into the controls until I upgraded to the most recent version of the firmware. It was not a scientific test because I was in a rush, but that was my impression.

Hmm we need a "geohotz" to jailbreak the phantom [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just downloaded the assistant 2.0 software (on mac version) and ran it. The software recognises the phantom and checks for updates, then notes that I am on 3.04 and therefore all is well. I don't want to be on 3.04 :cry:

Anyone else finding it hard to downgrade? I don't mind the airport restrictions, but the speed of the phantom has been cut drastically and I'm not very happy about that.

jokeyjon said:
Just downloaded the assistant 2.0 software (on mac version) and ran it. The software recognises the phantom and checks for updates, then notes that I am on 3.04 and therefore all is well. I don't want to be on 3.04 :cry:

Anyone else finding it hard to downgrade? I don't mind the airport restrictions, but the speed of the phantom has been cut drastically and I'm not very happy about that.

That is the conundrum. I'm hoping to be proven wrong, but once you go to 3.04, your only options are to downgrade to 1.08 or stay at 3.04. I made the mistake of upgrading one of my Phantoms to 3.04. The speed sucked. I tried to get it back to 3.00, but no luck. I then tried 2.0, but no luck. I was able to downgrade to 1.08, but no Ground Station support. My other Phantom is on 3.00, so I have my GS on that one.

Just confirming that as of today I was on 3.04 and was only able to successfully downgrade to 1.08. I tried the others but was not successful. Gonna take her out for a flight and see if I run into any issues.

malolo

What do you mean by "the speed sucks?"

Diesel31 said:
jokeyjon said:

That is the conundrum. I'm hoping to be proven wrong, but once you go to 3.04, your only options are to downgrade to 1.08 or stay at 3.04. I made the mistake of upgrading one of my Phantoms to 3.04. The speed sucked. I tried to get it back to 3.00, but no luck. I then tried 2.0, but no luck. I was able to downgrade to 1.08, but no Ground Station support. My other Phantom is on 3.00, so I have my GS on that one.

Between all the firmware releases, 3.04 limits the speed of the Phantom the most. It does not explicitly mention it in the firmware release notes, but DJI snuck in an update to limit the maximum tilt angle that in turn reduces the maximum lateral speed.

I noticed it the first time I shot mountainbiking. It was with my 3.04 Phantom. I struggled to stay with my rider. On my next attempt, I used my 1.08 Phantom and had no problem staying with my rider.

you will only get to 1.08 from 3.04

I recently did thus myself abd couldn't be happier with it. Havent had act issues. a slight amount of jello in a wind gust was the only issue I had. aside from that she's as agile as ever!

Sent from my SM-G900I using Forum Fiend v1.2.7.

gawd it's early and cold and my auto correct sucked on that one

Sent from my SM-G900I using Forum Fiend v1.2.7.

Just reverted back to 1.08 after probably about 30 flights with 3.04. Nice to have the speed back.

I'm not trying to zip around and fly erratically or anything but 3.04 was just so slow. Now I can go back to actually using the sticks with precision instead of pretty much just going full direction anytime I want to move. As mentioned before, it'll also be nice to be able to keep up with my subjects. I was following some wakeboarders yesterday with 3.04. Boat wasn't going more than 23mph and it was pulling away from me. I just took a look at my Flytrex data after 1.08 and I was up to 40mph on my test flight.

I just wish this magically fixed my drift, j-hook and toilet bowl problems. :D I imagine if/when that happens, I'll have to give up my precision and speed for straight flight. :-/

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl