3.0.6. Update Users Notes

Just to add my own experience to this thread. I upgraded the firmware from 1.8. It was actually the first time I hooked it up to my computer and played with the assistant software. All went well and I deceided to switch it to Naza mode. I did 2 flights since and I'm happy to say that I had no issue with my bird. Flies straight as an arrow and the controls are nice and smooth. I don't see any difference with before the updrade in the controls. But then again I'm not a hardcore pilot. I mostly fly 5 minutes to get a few shots or some footage around my boat at the marina and that's it. But the thing has been behaving well since the upgrade and I like the options offered by the Naza mode.

Damon said:
Bluegrass said:
I assume that the connector on your transmitter points directly out the back or out a side under the belly. Do you have your new antenna pointing straight out the side or straight down with a right angle? I have a black pearl monitor/receiver and cloverleaf antennas on both the transmitter & black pearl. I think the transmitter is a knock off of the Immersion 600mw but mine has an 8 segment desplay. I bought mine as a deluxe Kumba kit from Amazon. I'm pretty sure there all the same, male or female.

I have my TS832 tx mounted on the belly sideways with antenna mount opposite the side that has compass mounted.

The new antenna is a 90 degree and I placed it just to the back of the left rear leg. Its length is a little to long to be hung straight down. The only reason it is placed at the rear leg is because the hard case allows me to leave it on in between flights. ( I'm lazy and I would hate to forget to put it back on prior to turning P2 on and ultimately destroying the transmitter.)

I can post picture if you would like.

Thank you. A picture would be nice. I'm the same way about the xmitter antenna. I have to remove it to put it the case because I don't have a right angle adapter for the antenna. I have forgot a couple times but I shut the quad down right away and have been lucky. No apparent damage. I think I may try the package you mentioned.

Bluegrass said:
Thank you. A picture would be nice.

Pictures depict antenna placement and for giggles I threw in a pic of iosd mini location. My quad was purchased with zenmuse, anti noise board, tx and iosd mini installed.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1409355209943.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1409355209943.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 425
  • uploadfromtaptalk1409355263205.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1409355263205.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 457
  • uploadfromtaptalk1409355282559.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1409355282559.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 465
Observed in another thread of talk about auto land being initiated by holding throttle stick full down over 3 seconds. Took it up to about 100 meters in ATTI mode. Then full throttle down for 9 seconds.....Nothing happened other than the normal 2 M/S descent.

Damon said:
Observed in another thread of talk about auto land being initiated by holding throttle stick full down over 3 seconds. Took it up to about 100 meters in ATTI mode. Then full throttle down for 9 seconds.....Nothing happened other than the normal 2 M/S descent.

I suspect what the thread was talking about was not autoland, but shutdown.
If you hold the stick full down for three seconds after the Phantom is on the ground it sense it isn't descending any more and shuts down the motors. This is my favored way to shut down as there is no possibility of lateral or yaw inputs.

John Shaw said:
Damon said:

I suspect what the thread was talking about was not autoland, but shutdown.
If you hold the stick full down for three seconds after the Phantom is on the ground it sense it isn't descending any more and shuts down the motors. This is my favored way to shut down as there is no possibility of lateral or yaw inputs.
No it was specific about auto land. I suspected it was caused by low voltage but did not comment on thread until I could test it to make sure. (Now I just need to find that thread) ;)

Edit- found it. viewtopic.php?t=24526

I met a fellow flyer this weekend who also thought holding at full down would shut the phantom off in the air. I quickly corrected him on this explaining only the CSC could stop motors in flight.

I have seen lots of other treads talking about 1st battery warning at 30% and the second at 20%. (Most likely older firmware)

Flew tonight and can say my P2 (non-vision) for sure has 1st warning at 20% and the RTH activated at same time.

Overrode with flip off and back on GPS (S1) and flew a little more. I'm pretty sure from past flights 15% is second warning and sometimes auto land is initiated on at least one of my batteries. On the others auto land starts between 10.8 to 10.6 volts. Willing to test again if anyone really needs the data.

Kelso Kubat said:
I'm new and have only experienced 3.0.4. which was ok,

NUFF SAID... THANKS FOR THE "ABSOLUTE ZERO" RELIABLE CRITIQUE.... IF YOU HAVENT FLOWN 1.1.1. THEN F-OFF
Helping people. Obviously no help for you!

Damon said:
Finally had some time to test out a little further on the distance, since FPVLR trusts his product, and gave me the challenge.

It was not the most desirable wind condition but it seemed calm enough to try. (later checked when back and it was a about 3.5 M/S sideways drift speed at 30 meters up. Again launched it and set a high home point before trucking off in ATTI mode.

Buzzed out to 2500 meters which was my set goal. FPV was solid all the way out, but on the 180 turn around to face my location I lost signal. Mind you, the antenna is placed next to my left rear leg at bottom, but obviously my gimbal, camera and tracker are blocking some of the line of sight.

I figured since I had no FPV I would throw it into home lock, and pull right stick full down. I was getting intermittent FPV flashes and was noticing distance was actually increasing! I ended up at 2740 meters before turning it around to get actual FPV to analyze what the hell was going on. Once the antenna had a clear shot of me for FPV it was slightly showing noise on screen but I was happy as hell just to see what was actually going on.

I can only imagine if I would have kept pulling the right stick down in H/L where it would have ended up. Like I've said before I'm still new to this stuff so my heart was probably going around 160-180 beats a minute. Thus thinking mode was definitely not there. I can now understand if a really new person does this, he is definitely tempting fate in which he will be screaming fly away when it is actually pilot error.

Once I had the bird back from this flight I still had 52% of battery and voltage was bouncing between 11.0-11.1

I guess for now this will be my furthest flight until I can figure out a better antenna location and make **** sure wind is around zero.

Fantastic !...how high did you go and at what speed?

Zappa on the run you quoted I was at about 90 meters high. I would imagine my speeds were between 19 to 21 meters per second since I flew it in ATTI for increased speed. I was paying more attention to distance and voltage during the flight.

Damon said:
Zappa on the run you quoted I was at about 90 meters high. I would imagine my speeds were between 19 to 21 meters per second since I flew it in ATTI for increased speed. I was paying more attention to distance and voltage during the flight.

Wao, that much speed? I only get a max of about 5 to 6 m/s on mine, but again on GPS as I haven't tried the speed at ATTI. Did you make any changes to the stock or P2 controls (not fpv) to get that far? (Not

It's very common to lose FPV when you turn around. A tip: if that happen, let go of the sticks, and then SLOWLY rotate the Phantom (ie left stick to the left or right). At some point the antenna will be pointing back towards you and you should regain FPV. Now, fly BACKWARDS towards yourself until you regain a solid FPV signal.

ZAPPATA007 said:
Damon said:

Wao, that much speed? I only get a max of about 5 to 6 m/s on mine, but again on GPS as I haven't tried the speed at ATTI. Did you make any changes to the stock or P2 controls (not fpv) to get that far? (Not
Stock controller and stock P2 receiving end for controller. No antenna mods etc. Just FPV antennas.

Damon said:

I suspect your speed estimate is a bit on the high side, Damon. After reading your post I've just tested my P2 with 3.06 firmware. I get 8 m/s flat-out in GPS mode; 12 m/s in ATTI mode.

Possibly, its been a while since that run but I had tail wind and I have easily gone 22 m/s with tail wind in ATTI mode.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues