2nd P4 flight over Formby beach UK

Reaction score
We took our shared Phantom 4 out for a flight over Formby beach near Liverpool in the UK, during the good weather last weekend giving some nice sunset flying.

This was our second flight/video so we were controlling it very gingerly, and in the edit I can see that we missed out opportunities for increased speed and distances on some of our shots. But overall very happy with how the beach, dunes and sea look in 4k and really coming to enjoy using our flying machine!

Nice to see. I am looking to buy a p4 tomorrow. Based in Manchester so could pop over to Formby to do some video.

Is there any reason you can see the blades in some of the shots?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hi Guy, Glad that you liked it and it has given you an idea for using a prospective drone.

I am no expert, but from what I can gather and deduce I think that the reason why you can see the blades is dependant on the speed of travel, direction and prevailing wind. At my most basic understanding, if you move the phantom forward at a fast pace, it tilts itself slightly into the direction of travel, kind of like using all four of it's propellers to 'put it's back into it'. There is a mode on it called Sports mode which does this more than the P mode that I have it in here, but the P mode still does this a bit. And I think you that this gets multiples with a strongish head wind (from the sea here) meaning that it has to put more of it's back into it, and so it tilts further. The camera on it's gimbal in 'follow-me' mode tries to level itself out with the horizon so you end up with some of the blades showing in the picture as the main body tilts into the direction of travel. I don't know how this compares to other drone models. I could have cropped/zoomed in the image on these parts if I wanted to get rid of them (being a 4k image you can crop a lot before you reach a standard 1920x1080 image).

Hope this helps and definitely think about picking up a spare battery, and short lead between the handset and your tablet/iPad.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20