2nd P2v+v3 goes down in less than 2 months!

That video is your evidence for DJI that the crash was not due to any pilot error. Something went wrong and the readout proves it. I don't think your Phantom's speed ever reached three times the speed of sound -- but if it did, I believe you now hold the P2V+ speed record.

Yeah it's clearly something amiss. I just wish I had been running screenrecorder when the first one did the same thing from 170+ feet. I highly recommend installing and using it. Google play store has it. Trouble is it stores on device memory so it can fill fast but no reason you can't move them to the sd card afterwards or even delete.

These problems seem to be common. I have had these same type of issues myself. Mine seems to fly fine for many many hours then one day poof it does some random BS like u guys have posted about happen. I never see any symptom's that it going to behave bad so I just always gotta keep my eye on it. So far I've gotten it back, but one day it just took off and would not respond to any controls, but I have gps tracker so I find it 1/2 mile away high in tree

These problems seem to be common. I have had these same type of issues myself. Mine seems to fly fine for many many hours then one day poof it does some random BS like u guys have posted about happen. I never see any symptom's that it going to behave bad so I just always gotta keep my eye on it. So far I've gotten it back, but one day it just took off and would not respond to any controls, but I have gps tracker so I find it 1/2 mile away high in tree

How did you get it out of the tree being so high up?

How did you get it out of the tree being so high up?

I used an antenna pole. It was about as long as the top of a roof of a single story house is high, and that's about how high phantom was.
Here is that flyaway on YouTube. Read description on YouTube for more info on what happened.

I used an antenna pole. It was about as long as the top of a roof of a single story house is high, and that's about how high phantom was.

That's a good idea. I hope I never need to get mine out of a tree, but if I do, you've given me a possible way to do so if I can't climb it.

DJI support replied to my email (finally) and advised me to call them. 32 minutes later the rep listens to my explanation and urges me to send the 2nd phantom in. I remind him that the 1st is still in queue and voice my discontent with having 2 of their products waiting in a 6+ week queue for service. States that they cannot expedite either as it's not policy... He did state that they were making some changes and these long waits should be resolved. What that was he didn't say...

Did you notice the speed once the connection was broken, 2,582.1 MPH. I wonder if the NAZA locked up?

In fact... the screen capture shows 7594 mph and 0 sattelites locked.
May be the tour inside car affected compass or GPS internal wire connection (know issue inside shell).

I will check that

For the last time, I will offer my Phantom as a test. I've done a lot of flying at Frank Brown Park with both my powered gliders and my Quads as well as my last remaining Helo, an SR120. This place is not a park that provides the pilot with any outside interference. The people there have been extremely helpful and happy to see anyone there flying.

As well, I do regular metal detecting hunts in that park, especially after the Thunder Beach rally's. I've done quite well there. So well as to be able to pay for my flying hobby for the most part. Amazing the things people lose and I recover! I do try to return any items to their original owners. However, after six weeks, if I've not seen a lost item report or, had someone reply to my found item report, then I sell or give such items away.

I have a new Park Radian Flyer to test out. I've had three of them. The first one was sold off to a friend of mine. The second was still in service until two months ago, it had a severe malfunction and flew off into the sunset for no obvious reason. The last one I had had a decidedly unresponsive internal receiver. It took off and within two minutes, was lost to the thermals with no hope of getting it back.

So either my DJI Quad, my Blade SR120 or the Radian flyer, or all three, I'd be more than happy to bring them out and fly with you. You may not have a bird to fly and that's OK. You and I can take turns on the ones I have. But if your Helicopter skills suck, you won't be flying my Blade SR120. It requires a very delicate touch and is easily crashed without fore knowledge. ;)

The offer is open. You can at least see my checklists and habits for the Quad. After so many years of flying, you're bound to pick up a good habit or two. Up to you.

I clearly understand your repeated offers for a "flying buddy". No need to continue advertising them, thank you.

You can expect nothing but the worse if you change flight locations and not calibrate the compass for area.

My compass has been calibrated for this area. with the exception of Freeport course video, all my shoots have been within 20 miles of my home and within 10 miles of my compass cali in Panama City, FL. I took it to a park in the center of town free of antennae or towers for compass cali.

I think I may not have been clear on what happened. The phantom was HOVERING with about 28 inches between the landing gear and the ground STATIONARY about 8 feet from me with my thumbs off the sticks when she took a sudden ROLL to PORT at over 90 degrees and dove into the ground. The rest of the flight was uneventful and I was preparing to walk over and hand catch her to power down and pack up. The first phantom dove over 90 degress to starboard from a height of 160+ feet during a RTH failsafe and drove herself into my vehicle bumper. 2 different incidents in the same town different areas. Just clarifying.

Were you using the same TX for both Phantoms? If yes, I'll check inside TX...

Nope, original TX, and phantom are sitting in support queue hell at DJI (4 weeks left in repair estimate)... This is a 2nd phantom purchased from a different vendor later. It was a different location in the same town. Phantom 2 arrived with solid red leds when attempting to power up and connect to laptop for firmware updates, IMU cali and etc. In fact I had to reset IMU cali with remote and wi-x powered off to even update firmware and run tx calibration. After seeing what she did, I am lead to believe she took some abuse in shipment or has some weak connections inside. Support told me NOT TO OPEN the case as support would be able to tell and it would void my warranty. So it looks like she's off to join her sister in queue hell soon...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj