2nd Outing

Reaction score
Had my 2nd serious outing this morning with a 20 minute flight over a local disused mental hospital. In my anxiety about flying and getting all the checks right I forgot to press the video record button so no footage. Did take a few photographs and didn't crash which is a real bonus. Battery back on charge an hope to get out again today after the chores are done, that small garden fence reminds me of Huckleberry Finn.

Attachments

• Bangour Church.jpg
    Bangour Church.jpg
    823.4 KB · Views: 482
Hi namnonac. I have been flying for a while now and did a similar thing to you recently. I had agreed to make a film for two friends who were kayaking down the river. I took off, pushed record and got what I thought was 'great footage' only to discover on landing that I'd forgotten the memory card in my p3a. Doh. I've also filmed a mental hospital near me. Great day

Cheers pal. All edited on my iMac using Final Cut Pro.

Really nice piece.

If I may be so bold, could you please estimate the times involved in this vignette. I mean 'time shooting', 'time planning' and 'time editing'. I think most don't appreciate the actual amount of time used to produce something like this.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

No problem. I spent approximately 2 hours shooting. I went to the asylum with the intention of exploring and taking some stills. I always carry my p3a everywhere I go and the temptation to get some aerial footage was too much. So in reality, there was no real planning. I had in my head the kind of film I wanted to produce and I knew I had to reflect the intense atmosphere that the asylum still had. The edit was put together over probably 2 evenings and lasted somewhere around 5 hours. Great fun when something comes together like that. However, I have shot videos and edited them in a matter of hours. My nephew and his buddy on their mountain bikes took around 1 hour to shoot and about an hour to edit. They think it looks great. !!

Had my 2nd serious outing this morning with a 20 minute flight over a local disused mental hospital. In my anxiety about flying and getting all the checks right I forgot to press the video record button so no footage. Did take a few photographs and didn't crash which is a real bonus. Battery back on charge an hope to get out again today after the chores are done, that small garden fence reminds me of Huckleberry Finn.
Buy Litchi ... it auto records on take off. I was always forgetting to hit the record button. I never use DJI Go anymore. Litchi is far more feature.

Happy flying!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1