2nd Hand FC40

Reaction score
Hi, I have just bought a 2nd hand FC40 and hooked it up to software, is it a good idea to reset the controls back to default and if so what will this do.

I am a complete newbie at this and don't want to make my first flight a nightmare.....

Best advice I can give really is to download the unser manual on the dji.com website and read it.
It will only benefit you for the rest of your experience.

This is really basic stuff that you need to know before flying it.

Good luck.

ericdes said:
Best advice I can give really is to download the unser manual on the dji.com website and read it.
It will only benefit you for the rest of your experience.

This is really basic stuff that you need to know before flying it.

Good luck.

Thanks, I did download the manual but as I am new I didn't want to crash on my first go, well just charging everything and I will give it a go. Manual and laptop in hand.

- Before you do anything, you can reset everything in the assistant software. Please do so.
- Do an advanced IMU calibration without touching the Phantom (15 minutes)
- Make sure the compass values are correct (between -300 and 300, and the MOD value close to 1600 +/- 400
- Calibrate the transmitter. Make sure all values are at ZERO.
- Go outside away from metal and electrical wires and do a compass calibration.
- New batteries in the transmitter
- Both left and right switches on the transmitter all the way up.
- Power the Phantom
- DO NOT MOVE IT
- Wait until it acquires satelite signal (only flashing green)
- You should have seen 2 times when there was a burst of quick flashing green lights. (or one burst if IOC is not enabled. I am not sure about this one, but more on that later).

- Lift the Phantom off the ground.
- Have fun. Study how it behaves.
- Once the led starts to flash red on occasion, it is your level 1 warning for the battery.
- Once it quickly flashes red in a burst, it is your level 2 battery warning. Land it asap.

- The part where most damage occurs is when you try to land on the ground (which I have never done). Have it hover in front of you. If it is stable, grab a leg and hold it. With the other hand, lower the throttle to the low position. You should have the transmitter hanging from your neck to easily accomplish this.

And do your self a favor and find a very wide open field with few obstacles. Just until you get comfortable with how it flys.

ericdes said:
- Before you do anything, you can reset everything in the assistant software. Please do so.
- Do an advanced IMU calibration without touching the Phantom (15 minutes)
- Make sure the compass values are correct (between -300 and 300, and the MOD value close to 1600 +/- 400
- Calibrate the transmitter. Make sure all values are at ZERO.
- Go outside away from metal and electrical wires and do a compass calibration.
- New batteries in the transmitter
- Both left and right switches on the transmitter all the way up.
- Power the Phantom
- DO NOT MOVE IT
- Wait until it acquires satelite signal (only flashing green)
- You should have seen 2 times when there was a burst of quick flashing green lights. (or one burst if IOC is not enabled. I am not sure about this one, but more on that later).

- Lift the Phantom off the ground.
- Have fun. Study how it behaves.
- Once the led starts to flash red on occasion, it is your level 1 warning for the battery.
- Once it quickly flashes red in a burst, it is your level 2 battery warning. Land it asap.

- The part where most damage occurs is when you try to land on the ground (which I have never done). Have it hover in front of you. If it is stable, grab a leg and hold it. With the other hand, lower the throttle to the low position. You should have the transmitter hanging from your neck to easily accomplish this.

thanks I just needed some advice on what the reset did, but I did follow the instructions and had 2 flights in strong winds but all went ok roll on the weekend...

I second finding a large open flat place to fly it and get the feel of how it does

The landing on the ground isn't hard IF and I stress IF your on flat ground and come down without any forward movement

I do that trick and have only had one tip over since

Have fun flying your phantom it sure is a pleasure to pilot

Avoid sand as it can damage the motor bearings

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4