2nd flight few things to ask

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just had my second flight and all went well with my P2v plus v3. Tested Home Lock, great fuction to have.

I was watching my battery leavel and seen that it was low so I brung it down for a landing, just then the batery warning came on and the auto go home took over which took the phantom up and the back down. I know that it is set to do this on the software which is very handy. The thing I didnt like was It would let me stop it and take control back my self to land. Is there away to take control back in this situation?

The other thing that happend is the video stoped recording just before landing wth the low bat warning. Is this normal? Maybe saving batery power. the other weird thing was my Samsung Tap 3 compass was facing a slightly differant direction to the Phantom compass on the radar when they were pointing in the same direction. I done the dance before take off. Maybe my Samsung tab needs its compass calibrated. Any idea's?

Thanks,

The "go up then go home" is normal. By default the drone will go up to 60 feet then fly back home then descend. That keeps it from flying into a tree when it's low to the ground and needs to go home. You can change the return-to-home height.

The video cutting out is not normal. If you pull out the battery or the battery goes totally dead or if you power off the drone without stopping the recording on your phone first it will corrupt the video. When you power up the drone it will check the card and see if there's any corrupted video. If it finds corrupted video it will repair the video but that generally chops off the last 10 seconds of video from the recording.

So let's say you land the drone and hit the power button without turning off recording. That corrupts the video. Then you power back up for some reason - that fixes the video but chops off the last 10 seconds.

Could that explain it?

In response to how you can take control back after the RTH kicks in, I am pretty sure you need to be in the NAZA mode instead of the Phantom mode (you need to switch this using the assistant prior to flying), might be wrong here though. If you have done this, you can set S1 to GPS, ATTI, or Failsafe mode (or even manual) and use it to take control back. If you have not already set your system to use Naza, I would highly suggest it. I switched shortly after getting my phantom and find it A LOT better.

Welcome to the site. When auto RTH takes over, you can flip the S-1switch & take back control. I have my RTH battery warning turned off for that very reason. You just have to keep an eye on it as once it gets to <10% it will auto land at the very spot it is. If you are over a tree, water, street, etc. that is where it will descend.

Thanks for the replies,

Rbhamilton I think this is what happened with the video as I never knew that I had to stop the video. I basically turned the power off and then changed the battery so it looks like it has cut some of the video off, maybe 20 sec. Thanks for that. I was flying in Naza Mode and I understand why the phontom goes up first and just didn't like how I couldn't get control over the RTH mode.

Larry when you say I have to switch the s1 switch do you just switch it from GPS to ATTI then back to GPS to gain control from RTH? I can see why you disabled the function but I think I will keep it for now as I have a lot of learning to do and it could end up saving me if I forget about the battery.

Thanks agin for the help.

rfwilkinson said:
In response to how you can take control back after the RTH kicks in, I am pretty sure you need to be in the NAZA mode instead of the Phantom mode
No
You can't believe everything you read online .. this is the same in Phantom mode too

rfwilkinson said:
In response to how you can take control back after the RTH kicks in, I am pretty sure you need to be in the NAZA mode instead of the Phantom mode (you need to switch this using the assistant prior to flying), might be wrong here though.

If you "might be wrong" how can you also be "pretty sure'?

That's horrible advice. If you had bothered to read and understand the manual you would hopefully not posted that bit of really bad advice.

Page 28 http://download.dji-innovations.com/dow ... 1.6_en.pdf

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4