2nd flight, and observations (with video)

Reaction score
Took it up in the daylight this time, but wanted to see how it handled the wind. 25mph gusts, no problem... The v+ used to bob up and down in gusts, the P3 was all but oblivious to it. Decided to fly it out a bit farther and recorded the linked video. This was about 5500ft, way beyond what I could get with my v+ even with the itelite DBS antenna mod because of a line of trees btwn me and the factory. I lost fpv at this point and it RTH. Video is 1080/60 unedited, and I have not calibrated the gimbal yet.
Btw, the Nvidia Shield in direct sun at max brightness was not bad at all. I just turned my back to the sun and it was perfectly usable without a hood/anti-glare film.

I'm so jello (jealous)...
Being aussie means being *** end of the world means we get it last.
boooooo

Took it up in the daylight this time, but wanted to see how it handled the wind. 25mph gusts, no problem... The v+ used to bob up and down in gusts, the P3 was all but oblivious to it. Decided to fly it out a bit farther and recorded the linked video. This was about 5500ft, way beyond what I could get with my v+ even with the itelite DBS antenna mod because of a line of trees btwn me and the factory. I lost fpv at this point and it RTH. Video is 1080/60 unedited, and I have not calibrated the gimbal yet.
Btw, the Nvidia Shield in direct sun at max brightness was not bad at all. I just turned my back to the sun and it was perfectly usable without a hood/anti-glare film.
Very nice. I'm looking into the nvidea shield but have been put off by reports of lag and possible app issues with it. Seems to have worked fine for you. Did you notice any issues?

Thanks.

Very nice. I'm looking into the nvidea shield but have been put off by reports of lag and possible app issues with it. Seems to have worked fine for you. Did you notice any issues?

Thanks.
None. Top notch device and perfect form factor IMO. My only complaint is it's not easy to get the SD card in and out of the slot to view your stuff post flight.

None. Top notch device and perfect form factor IMO. My only complaint is it's not easy to get the SD card in and out of the slot to view your stuff post flight.
Great, thanks!

Last edited:
Love the jello which flavor is it? Also see prop shadow and the is to dark facing the sun. Oh well what can you expect from DJI oh yes a P3 falling from the sky.
It's unedited, there's plenty wrong with it. Flying through steam towards the sun, no **** you'll see props. Nice detective work.

Reactions: Turdle
It's unedited, there's plenty wrong with it. Flying through steam towards the sun, no **** you'll see props. Nice detective work.

You can't justify Bad footage it by saying it's unedited. THAT'S JUST A COP OUT!!

Love the jello which flavor is it? Also see prop shadow and the is to dark facing the sun. Oh well what can you expect from DJI oh yes a P3 falling from the sky.
[url=http://www.desicomments.com/desi/smileys/][/URL]

In my opinion the video looked great!! As for the critic, I wasn't aware George Lucas was a member on this forum. LOL!!! This video looked way better that what I've been creating with my HERO 3+ and F550. Just saying.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Why did you cut up the part where it RTH, is it cause you lost signal by putting the cheminy between you and the Phantom ! And on RTH it hit the cheminy ?
Cause looking at trajectory and possible line of sight it looks like there's a high probability of RTH causing a crash into that cheminy.

In my opinion the video looked great!! As for the critic, I wasn't aware George Lucas was a member on this forum. LOL!!! This video looked way better that what I've been creating with my HERO 3+ and F550. Just saying.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

You would think anything looked great. Don't have to be a George Lucas to recognize bad footage .

You would think anything looked great. Don't have to be a George Lucas to recognize bad footage .
Anyone ever tell you that you were a jerk? Guy puts up his 1st video and justly proud of it and you rain all over his parade for no reason, do you steal candy from children also? If you don't have anything nice to say, or constructive criticism, then just don't say anything, no need to be nasty.

The truth hurts. But that's life. DJI sold everyone that this new advance and Pro camera were ultimate and you all bought into the PR hype. It hard to make silk purse out of sows ear.

The truth hurts. But that's life. DJI sold everyone that this new advance and Pro camera were ultimate and you all bought into the PR hype. It hard to make silk purse out of sows ear.
Can you point me in the direction to a superior product, with equal or more features at this price-point? happy unicorn hunting, friend.

Can you point me in the direction to a superior product, with equal or more features at this price-point? happy unicorn hunting, friend.

Go ask DJI their good at PR hype and poor customer service.

Of course not. Trolls don't have a point. They just like to hear themselves talk. It makes them feel better about themselves.

I made my point regrading DJI PR hype about the new camera on the P3's.
Raw footage with jello, prop shadow and poor light when facing the sun is not what I would call good.

Then there's the case of one falling from the sky. Not good.

Looks good! Can not wait to get mine this coming week. Hopefully! Keep the videos coming. Nice to live through others while we wait for ours to come in! Thanks for posting!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20