Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

2nd drone

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Msorb, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Msorb

So I just bought the phantom 4 after loving my 3 advanced (upgrading). Do I need to fill out another FAA reg form/get a new registration #? Or do I use existing from my other model? Trying to find info from the FAA is almost impossible so was hoping someone could help me with this. I have no problem registering another aircraft if needed. Or do I just paste on the same registration # from the phantom 3? Thanks in advance. Happy flying all

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

2. jpd

jpd

No your number is good for as many as you want for 3 years

3. rcheing

Though this may not be your case, I wanted to add that if you have a 333 exemption and the Phantom 4 was not in your original 333 exemption application, then you must submit a new 333 application and also register the UAV with an N-number.

4. Msorb

Thank you! Yea I have not done the 333. As this is pure hobby. But appreciate the added info. I'll attach current reg number to new phantom. Appreciate the help

5. QuadBart

So to be clear, YOU register with the FAA, not your Quad. The number you are given is the same for all the Quads you own...

6. Msorb

I've been registered with the FAA, yes. The quad is only registered with DJI per the APP when setting up. But my quads all have the FAA tag number on or inside the aircraft. Thanks again for the help