2nd day with P2V+

Reaction score
So I went to the field attached to a school less than a mile from home. Saw something I didn't realize previous was there ... a cell tower!

I decided to abandon this field and find another. Can't believe the frequencies coming off that tower would be any good for the bird!

BUT, maybe you guys have a different experience. Can we safely fly in the proximity of these towers (less than 100 yds)?

I'm not recommending you to land on one, but I have never noticed them to have any effect. There is a YouTube video of a guy flying only a couple of feet from the antenna array of a large tower and the bird flew fine.

Ok, good to know, DB ... I had thoughts of high-powered harmonics somehow affecting my frequency range. Better safe than sorry today :)
Maybe I'll try the other end of that same field another day. It sure is a convenient spot being less than a mile from home!

Geert said:
Hi,

It is not recommend to fly near cell towers.
There were reports about fly aways near to cell towers, believe me, you do not want that to happen.

Geert./.

Thanks Geert --- I actually have many locations to fly, so one with a cell tower doesn't have to be on the 'visit' list

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl