2D Mapping Mosaic

Reaction score
Outside of paying Mapbox or Pix4D, and doing manual image tie to Google Earth, does anyone know of an automated tool to take full-motion video of DJI Phantoms and have it stitch stills to Google Earth. Think of Google Earth base imagery as the anchor and DJI full-motion video stills taken would paintbrush geo-rectified imagery. Basically what Pix4D does but I could careless about the 3D model, just want an orthomosaic file I can save as KMZ and use off-line.

I've been doing it manually one image at a time in Google Earth or Custom Maps App (Android) but that can be tedious to cover a large area. Anyway, any free tools that help would be great.

Break break

Another issue I've noticed when using the manual process above is to get a good geo-register of the image, I usually have to crop 1/2 the photo to take out the 'curve' of the fish eye effect to ensure my pixels all stay square to register to Google Earth accurately. Outside of the app I bought that corrects GoPro Lens effect (similar to DJI integrated camera) are there any other tools to crop out the image exactly that I have a corrected image that can be anchored to Google Earth with high accuracy.

Thanks for any help.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4